ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Catcams - Bad Batch?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I have some 428's sat in front of me, and before i get hem fitted im a little concerned after reading that a bad batch were made a while ago, and there were some strange torque curves due to some poor profiles.

Is there any way i can readily measure them, or any identifying features i can look for?

Has catcam admitted there were issues with a batch at any point?

Are they second hand, if so how old are they?

You can measure the profiles yes, but it's not exactly something you can do with a ruler!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Is there really a bad batch going round or is it just people excusing poor power results?

If catcams have been made aware of this issue surely they will regrind the cams to the correct profiles

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Is there really a bad batch going round or is it just people excusing poor power results?

If catcams have been made aware of this issue surely they will regrind the cams to the correct profiles

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I have heard of only 2 sets that had an issue so i wouldnt be worried. I think these ones were both bought at the same time too. If it is low on torque advance the inlet cam and it's fixed :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Ok thanks for the replies guys, i have gone out and bought a second set to compare them, if there the same ill have a set for sale lol!

Im sure as paul said it will all be fine :)

Ph1
What i believe the ''bad part'' was, the timing marks on the inlet cam were cut slightly out so when timed to Ren spec, the inlet was actually timed wrong. The cam profile was fine.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
ah right so a slight rotation of the cam will align it so that it is in the correct position then...