ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

caught doin 100mph

Got caught doing 100mph yesterday, on my way to Scarbrough for the day with the girlfriend. The copper was hidden on a flyover on the A64, the first I knew about it was when he was stuck up my backside about 2 miles down the road! He said to me if youd been doing 99mph I would have just given you a ticket, so I asked him if he could just call it 99mph but he wasnt interested the B****rd. I wondered if theres any way I can get out of this, as he hasnt actually got a picture of my car and there was no-one else in the car with him. Ive never been pulled in my life before this (just through being lucky) so I was wondering what I could expect in court?

Thanks in advance,

Carrey.

P.S. I wasnt racing anyone although I had just pulled away frome an arse in a Hyundi coupe who was stuck up my backside earlier.

go to court u stand a good chance if he had not video and camera equipment and being on his own. also if u and ur bird can get ur story together ur argument will stand up better than his in court

I was just in court last week for a VASCAR 98.06 MPH on M1, they said to me the same thing, that if i was doing 95-96mph they could have given a ticket....i got 5 points and £250 in court after pleading for my license...if its 100mph exactly i think its 4 - 5 points without ban. 100mph+ can be a 14 - 56 day ban and 6 points....Good Luck

In a word your "f**ked" if you hadnt have asked him to call it 99 you might have got away with it in court but then again you might get lucky because Im sure the old bill can only do you if there is two or more prosecuting officers present get your slef a sh*t hot solicitor and try to drag it through the courts

your speedo will be out alittle @ those kinda speeds. so looks like a few more points, hard fine and slapped wrist "if your lucky" . Tell the judge it must be the weather, every one seems to be drving like looneys.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I try to never do over 90mph for long periods of time eg over 2 minutes, and will only do 90 if the traffic conditions are okay. Lets face it in my opinion its safe to do <=90mph up a 3 lane motorway at 2am when there is no-one else on the bloody road.

Its all common sense, the speed limit signs mean fcuk all..

Sorry to hear that you get caught, it was a little fast but I can understand, we all do those sorta speeds at some points.

ps. I have never to this day been caught speeding (touch wood)

Thanks for the replys,

Hopefully by the sounds of it I should get away without a ban:)

I was wondering, if I do get half a dozen points slapped on my licence, how much extra will the insurance company slap on an already bloated insurance premium?

Ive got 7 years no claims and Im 31 years old and at the moment Im paying just over £500 with e-sure.

Carrey.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

lol... isnt e-sure for carefull drivers ???

mate I have 7 points on my license for an IN10, and I still manage to afford the 172 insurance, £800 fully comp 24 year s old 4 year NCD

BMW 320d Sport

LOL e-sure isnt that the one with Michael Winner? ...no, no, its just a commercial, Im really a very good driver!

In my experience, insurance companies dont care about the first 6 points once youre into your late 20s/early 30s. Even my mum and dad have got points and they dont even hardly drive. Take it to court anyway, and ask to see the evidence. Plead not guilty and say you were concentrating on the road not the speedo. If they can prove your speed I can assure you they will try, if they cant then youre off. AFAIK one officer on his own can be considered an expert opinion on judging speed without corroboration but this is not enough without extra evidence to confirm the officers opinion, eg. speed camera, video footage.

Elise/VX220/R26

I got caught doing 80 in a 50 and got 6 points and £200 fine, Attend court and plead for your liscence and you should get about 6 points and a fine.

Gutted for you m8 as 100 is feck all on the a64 when theres nothing about.

Thanks people for the replies,

I feel a bit better about it now, better at least than I felt yesterday. I was fekkin gutted yesterday when I saw this T5 up my backside. :(

I suppose this means Im no longer a careful driver. Lol

Ill let you know how I go on when the time arrives.

Cheers,

Carrey.