ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caught on your Dash Camera ''Near Misses '' and others

Clio Sport 182
Hello all
Following my incident with the BMW few days ago (i will upload the video soon) i decided to create this thread to upload any incident or near miss that we have caught with our dash camera.
I will start first. Today i had 3!!! yes 3 in a day. Maybe i'm attracting the idiots!!!! i don't know!!!

My day started with a red light jumper (lady driver) on my way to work

on my way back to home from work i had a man driver not knowing were is going

and at the end of the day i had one more guy that didn't know which late to take

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Eastern Rd roundabout? I've had a few people do the exact thing as your 2nd vid.

997.1, Caddy, e208
:) She's actually a decent driver, so I'm sure there'd of been a reason behind it - however I can't guarantee the reason itself would be logical to a male as, being female, she has a strange thought process.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
As with most of these type videos, although the cabby (a.n. Other) was ultimately in the wrong, the video does appear to show your other half failing to slow and proportionately speed up to (purposely) make the situation worse. We all do it, I know I do when someone pisses me off, but from a third party's / independent perspective, it's clear to see if there was a crash, both could have taken actions to avoid it. Imo of course.

From the near misses or accidents I see, few are ever only one totally one sided and most have an element of impatience as root cause.

Last edited:

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
:smile: She's actually a decent driver, so I'm sure there'd of been a reason behind it - however I can't guarantee the reason itself would be logical to a male as, being female, she has a strange thought process.
That's sexist! 😂

997.1, Caddy, e208
I'd say her approach speed was too fast personally. The taxi driver clearly wasn't expecting her to be making up that much ground so fast, but ultimately he's the one that's come to a standstill for no reason, we all misjudge pulling out and roundabouts, if he actually tries to build up momentum & she brakes/eases off then I'm sure it wouldn't look anywhere near as bad - but he done the polar opposite, a completely f**king stupid thing to do & was the one that caused her to change speed or direction.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with you that the taxi driver was being a dick; trying to prove a point / act the hard man. See that behaviour a lot unfortunately and it would be nice to see a dose of karma.

Just when you / anyone post(s) these videos and you objectively look at it, you think, "yeah, perhaps I should have done xyz to avoid making it worse" - ultimately would you crash into someone to prove a point? On reflection, especially if it actually took place (a crash), I would like to think you / everyone would regret it - claims, documents etc. Pain in the arse...

I say this, but in the heat of the moment I could see myself gesturing and acting more aggressively than I needed to. It's funny how it so disproportionately pisses you off. Something this minor happens in the work place and no one cares. On the road and you go ape s**t.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Cookson had a really good one a while back. Had 3 near accidents in the space of a minute. 2 of them were his fault though IIRC.

Here's a few.

(audio and video aren't synced in the next one, I revved after they drove through a red)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5cEl-pim6U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig0CWLAbWtY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI4E0_jr4Qw
Some of you may remember this gem. Back wheels locked, held the first slide then as the wheels unlocked it pitched me into the learner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-MaAF8hJKQ

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
You mean this one with the bellend on the COMPLETE wrong side of the road?

mk1 Octavia VRS
One of mine from last year:

Doing 400+ miles a week at the moment (in the Skoda, not the Clio) so see plenty of bad driving. Normally one of these:
  1. In the wrong lane.
  2. Poor lane discipline.
  3. Lane hogging. Keep left unless overtaking you bunch of morons!
  4. Not indicating.
  5. Tailgating.
  6. Indicating and pulling into a gap that isn't really there, sometimes without checking mirrors.
  7. On the phone/texting (often coupled with points 1-4)

997.1, Caddy, e208
I hadto watch the bus one twice before I seen what happened. Tit.

The Polo driver, what the actual f**k, I've had people in the opposite direction make stupid overtakes where I've had to slow down considerably to allow them room to complete the move but that driver is an absolute weapon, could've killed lots of people & has probably gone home to tell his mates how sick his overtake was, innit.