ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CCTV Camera Recommendations

Since CS is better than Google most of the time...

​Anyone got a decent recommendation for an outdoor CCTV camera?

Preferably one that records on to a hard drive on a loop basis.

Basically want it to cover the driveway and my car as I've now had two incidents of damage appearing whilst it's been parked in the street in the past 6 months.

Although I know who is responsible, I can't prove it so looking to put a CCTV camera up to deter it or even catch it happening again.

Moving the car elsewhere or going after the people responsible myself are not options before they are suggested.

​Thanks guys

I got a Swann system from Maplin for £209 on offer which has a 500GB hard drive and two cameras. Will do the loop record function and hold two cameras worth of footage for 60 days. The cameras also have IR LEDs so they can see in the dark, plus you can connect it to your tv or view it remotely from iPhone and Internet Explorer.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
IP cameras are the way forward, much better quality than analogue.

ebay is where i got my two from, also search the forum there was a recent conversation on cctv cameras

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
COSTCO have some decent Swann packages.. I know they can be viewed from smartphones. I believe they need to be decent quality for the images to hold up in court.. Dont have them too high or you cant make faces out..

182 cup / combo van
Hi mate, I work in security and fit alarm systems and CCTV systems.

The cameras we are fitting at the moment are concept pro air 3026HGE (650TVL)

VIDECON

they are great wee cameras, excellent at night and also during the day, pretty sure these ones can be bought for around £150, also the model down from them air3026 (520TVL) are decent aswell and will be slightly cheaper.

Generally with CCTV people want it installed as cheap as possible, and then complain when the recorded images are not great, so my advice is to research the camera and if it seems decent, spend the cash on it.

I have one of the 3026HGE cameras installed on my house, and cannot fault it.

For recording I have a cop inspire dvr, this was around £200 ish for a 1TB 4 channel, it can be set to record on motion, or to record constantly, with 1 camera on constant record at the best framerate it will hold around 14-16 days worth of footage, with motion recording it could be anything upto a year or over.
I have it hooked upto my tv in my living room via a VGA lead.

I cant remember where I bought my DVR from but if interested let me know and I will try and find where to buy the stuff from.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
can you post some actual footage up so we can see quality?

Hi mate, I work in security and fit alarm systems and CCTV systems.

The cameras we are fitting at the moment are concept pro air 3026HGE (650TVL)

VIDECON

they are great wee cameras, excellent at night and also during the day, pretty sure these ones can be bought for around £150, also the model down from them air3026 (520TVL) are decent aswell and will be slightly cheaper.

Generally with CCTV people want it installed as cheap as possible, and then complain when the recorded images are not great, so my advice is to research the camera and if it seems decent, spend the cash on it.

I have one of the 3026HGE cameras installed on my house, and cannot fault it.

For recording I have a cop inspire dvr, this was around £200 ish for a 1TB 4 channel, it can be set to record on motion, or to record constantly, with 1 camera on constant record at the best framerate it will hold around 14-16 days worth of footage, with motion recording it could be anything upto a year or over.
I have it hooked upto my tv in my living room via a VGA lead.

I cant remember where I bought my DVR from but if interested let me know and I will try and find where to buy the stuff from.

I've bought a Storage Options 500GB DVR unit with 2 cameras for now but I plan on buying another two.

Fitted the first camera today but I have a faulty power cable so I'm waiting on a replacement then I can get it wired up.

All the neighbours have already spotted the camera though which can only be a good thing even though its not even plugged in yet !

182 cup / combo van
I will, but will be a few days, I'm not currently staying there, staying with the missus justnow.