ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD Changer button confusion

'02 1.4 16v Auto
Hi all,

I have an 02 Clio Privilege with the Tuner List HU and Steering Stalk. I've been looking on eBay at some of the Renault/Alpine Changers and a few of the auctions mentioned that the HU needs CD Changer control or a CD Changer Button. There's no CDC button on the front of my HU (Unless I'm blind) and so it's preventing me from buying one as I don't know if it will work. I have found a button on the bottom of the Steering Stalk, but when pressed it does nothing. Is that to do with the CDC?

Many thanks in advance,

TF :)

Peugeot 306 HDi
It'll be fine; the stereo just sort of picks up that the Changer is there once connected. You then use the 'Source' button to select FM/CD/CDC as usual and use the numbers on the HU or the buttons on the underside of the stalk for changing CDs. There was a CDC on here for sale for sixty the other day, by the way.

*DISCLAIMER: It worked for me in my Dynamique so SHOULD be fine, but no promises lol*

'02 1.4 16v Auto
That's great to hear, Will, thanks!

Don't worry - If I were to hold anyone responsible it would be Renault for making adding their own parts to their own cars so difficult!

Thanks for the sale Heads-up too - I'l have a look around :)

'02 1.4 16v Auto
Does the Clio come with the Changer cable on the loom ready to plug the Changer in? One auction I've seen says it should be present, but I'm unsure

Thansk for helping an ICE noob! :D

Peugeot 306 HDi
Lol no worries buddy - although I'm no expert! Mine came complete; the cable was attached to the CDC and then just plugged straight into the back of the HU. It's obvious where. Be careful though as some people sell the unit, bracket and cable separately.

Last edited:
  '02 1.4 16v Auto
Thanks for the supply Will. I'm probably going to play it safe and buy one that has the Cable included. The Bracket doesn't fuss me too much as Stickyback Velcro should do the job, but if I see a kit for a nice price, I'll go for it.

Thanks for all the help dude! :D

Does the Clio come with the Changer cable on the loom ready to plug the Changer in? One auction I've seen says it should be present, but I'm unsure

Nope it doens't.

The reason they say this is they know how much efforts required to properly remove it so they either cut the old loom and pull it out which makes it junk or they just tell people its there.

Some cars have it as the owners have taken the charger out and left the cable but none have the cable in the car if they weren't fitted from new.

£89 for the cable.