ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD changer port on standard 2005 CD player HU

Not sure if this will bit but I have the connects 2 ipod kit (direct control from the hu/ steering wheel) on order from Halfords, should get it today. Model number ARNIPOD003. I spoke to connects2 and it fits both the 'tuner list' and 'update list'. It does exactly the same as the dension kits but is £84.99 instead of £150!

Will post back how I get on, BTW: I also have a 2005 Update List HU.

SLK 350
Interesting, im going down halfords now to see if i can get one of those too. Been looking at IceLink but for that money ill take one now...

a716 said:
Not sure if this will bit but I have the connects 2 ipod kit (direct control from the hu/ steering wheel) on order from Halfords, should get it today. Model number ARNIPOD003. I spoke to connects2 and it fits both the 'tuner list' and 'update list'. It does exactly the same as the dension kits but is £84.99 instead of £150!

Will post back how I get on, BTW: I also have a 2005 Update List HU.
What does the Connect2 box do that the simple £10 cable on ebay can't? I'd rather save like £70 if all it does is put the track titles on the car's LCD and lets you use the stork controls :) I only have an Ipod Shuffle anyway so I doubt any of that fancy stuff would work anyhow!

Also everywhere on the 'net says the ARNIPOD003 only supports "tuner list" not "update list"? Maybe they have updated the product since then though...

SLK 350
Right, ordered that Connect2 part. Should arrive in 2 days allegedly. Hopefully it provides full integration of the iPod in the manner that the IceLink does.

Ill keep ya posted on my progress.

Fitted the connects2 ARNIPOD003 to my HU. Music plays fine and excellent quality. Problem though is that changing the track on the HU doesn't change the track on the ipod which it should. Hopefully I have just been unlucky and the box is faulty...

puma said:
Also everywhere on the 'net says the ARNIPOD003 only supports "tuner list" not "update list"? Maybe they have updated the product since then though...

I noticed that but I got the following response from connects2 (manufacture):

connects2 said:
The Update List is compatible with our ARNS003 adapter so there is no reason it will not work with the ARNIPOD003. However, even if the head unit was a Tuner List it would still not display track names, the OEM system will only display track number.
[/quoute]

SLK 350
Right so the Connects2 adaptor won't allow me to display the MP3 Tags on the dash display on my Tuner List mk2 172 HU?

And it also won't allow me to change tracks via the stalk/HU?

Hmmm...im sure it states that it does both of those points on the website.

Just get the cheap cable off Ebay in that case. No point spending loads on one of those Aux boxes if half the features dont work on the standard Clio HU!

SLK 350
Right been on the phone to Connects2 this morning and he clarified the following:

For Tuner list HU's (not sure on rest) it does display track information on the dashboard display, and it does also allow full control of tracks and volume from the stalk control.

I hope this helps.

SLK 350
a716 - any joy in fitting your clobber mate? I paid for mine today but it should arrive friday/saturday. I did express some concern over compatiblility issues when buying it, but the guy at halfrauds said he'd refund me if i wasn't happy no problem.

Cheers.

SLK 350
Update:

Ok picked up my adaptor earlier, and fitted in in 5 minutes (comprises 2 magic boxes,phono,changer cable) and routed it down into the cup holder area. The boxes were a concern at first cause i had no idea where they would fit, but theres an area to the left above the glove box where they hide away nicely.

Ok the stalk controller works perfectly, selecting CD changer turns on the iPod and plays the current playlist, the wheel navigates songs next/previous and the volume works perfectly too. It doesn't display any track information, and you can't navigate into other folders witohut picking the iPod up (not really a problem though, just make some custom playlists in iTunes). It also charges yours iPod when you plug it in (whether its radio/cd changer so thats nice). Soun quality is perfect obviosuly

All in all its a perfect solution for Clio iPod integration, and at £84.99 from halfords the ARNIPOD003 makes it 1/2 the cost of the Dension IceLink kits.

Thumbs upto Connect2 :) :) :)

ozzyo99 said:
a716 - any joy in fitting your clobber mate?

Not yet. Should get my replacment early next week as its looks like i may be faulty. Connects 2 and halfords have been excellent so far with it though.

Do your cd buttons (1-6) on the front of the HU work?

SLK 350
No they don't appear to navigate playlists, but having said that i need to really have a play in creating a few playlists. However on early test's all pressing the buttons seemed to do is flash up "CD LOADING" and then cut back to the same song 2 seconds later.

However, honestly im chuffed with it. By the way unless you have a holder already i can recommend the Belkin Tunedock (£20) from Argos. It fit in nicely in the holders so theres not a single wire in sight.

Update:

I have now recieved my replacement connects2 kit and it works great! Does everything the dension does but much cheaper. No problem either with the 'update list' HU.

Silver 182 F/F
Interested in getting one of these connect kits,what does the kit contain i.e does it come with ipod holder or is it just a loose cable?

SLK 350
BTW im afraid you don't get the holder, but i got a belkin cup holder thing which fits into the cup holder area nicely.

A4 Avant & A3
so the Connects2 adapter works fine then i take it, i've been looking into different solutions for my iPod for a while now, having been put off by the price tag of the ice link, i think the connects2 seems very good...

Thanks for sharing that Info, very appreciated.

SLK 350
its very good mate, shame you cant navigate folders but thats a limitation of the HU rather than the connect2. however its just great to have and i fully recommend it. nice cause it charges it to so when ya leave ya car you can take it with you-writing this on my mobile blows lol.

05 1.2 Dynamique
i got one of the cables off ebay a while ago. and it didn't work. simple as that. was a bit miffed. but it was only 8 quid.

Its probably worth noting that the 'Dension Ice Link' package contains a connects2 adapter to connect to the headunit and their own adapter which connects to the ipod:

Ipod-->dock cable-->Dension Box-->cd changer cable/phono-->Connects 2 box-->HU

Definately makes the connects 2 kit the only choice imo considering the £65 saving!

I got the Dension kit about a 6 months ago for my 182 - cost me £150 including the clip to mount it on the dash. Very expensive but it does work.

I tend to find that I don't use the stalk controls as I prefer to use the normal iPod interface allowing me to browse all the tracks I have.

I'm annoyed that halfords do a cheaper version but then it wasn't available at the time I was looking..!

SLK 350
I think its been available for quite sometime, evidently as Dension rely upto connects2 technology for their own product. I think its the fact the company market themselves so badly.

BRUCE182 said:
What's the pro's and con's between the connects and the dension apart from the price?

The Dension comes with a docking holder where as the connects 2 just comes with a cable although I believe you can buy the docking holder for the connects2 as an extra. Apart from that they are the same!

Thought I would post back here to let everyone know how I have been getting on with my connects 2 ipod kit.

I have to say the ipod kit is excellent. Sound quality is good and all the track changing/search/pause/stop etc work fine. I have noticed that the track numbers on the display don't relate to those on the ipod nano as the display only appears to go up to 3!

Still at the price I paid for it I am very happy indeed. If you have an ipod and clio go and buy one :D

Guys,
I am wanting to do exactly the same thing in my car, iPod connection to the standard HU (I've already bought an iTrip and it's rubbish in the car - great for taking all your music to other people's houses though as it works briliantly sitting on top of a hi-fi!).

Anyway, I've looked into the Dension kit, and the Connects 2 kit and both seem a little expensive, especially as I have a 6 disk changer and don't want to lose the use of it if I can help it. The HU scrolls through tuner->CD->Changer->AUX so you should be able to have both? I've been through loads of stuff on the internet but can only find pages related to Espaces and the connections at the back of the stereo are different. But basically all you need to do is connect the left and right output from any headphones to the correct pins at the back of the HU?

What I really need is a wire diagram for the connections at the back of the head unit for the Cabasse Triptronic Update List standard head unit? Does anyone know where I can get this? Please help, this has been winding me up for weeks!!!