ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD player crackly...

172 Cup
Whenever I have the volume say above 15 - 20 (when a good song comes on) the radio seems to distort and the sound goes all crackly.

Does it with CD's as well as on the radio.

I know the speakers cant have blown because ive never had it THAT high.

Anyone else had this problem or know any solutions?

Dont really want to put a nice new CD player in the because im not really that into headunits etc.

Clio 182FF
I had this same problem and my headunit was on the way out (the standard Renault one) except mine crackled at all volumes. Renault replaced it under warranty.

172 Cup
I had this same problem and my headunit was on the way out (the standard Renault one) except mine crackled at all volumes. Renault replaced it under warranty.

How long is the warranty on the standard one? Take it I wont have it now lol

Obviously would it be better getting a new renault one or shall I just go and get a decent head unit?

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Don't quote me on this . But i'm pretty sure the Renault headunits are about £300 ish . You might as well get yourself a decent aftermarket headunit for half that price .