ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking...

My car (172 2003) always locks itself if you don't open a door after you've unlocked it with the remote locking after a few seconds - are they supposed to do this?

Its called R.A.I.D - Renault Anti Intruder Device, it locks the doors once the car goes above 5 mph, you can turn it off by pressing and holding the door locking button on the dash until a beep is heard

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol, this is another thing that confuses me, does it not make perfect sense? you get out your car, lock it, put keys in your pocket and accidently press the blip opening the car, now would you prefer it to be left open for x amount of hours, or lock it's self after 30 seconds?

lol, this is another thing that confuses me, does it not make perfect sense? you get out your car, lock it, put keys in your pocket and accidently press the blip opening the car, now would you prefer it to be left open for x amount of hours, or lock it's self after 30 seconds?

Yeah I can see the advantage of that, as long as its supposed to be that way.

Its called R.A.I.D - Renault Anti Intruder Device, it locks the doors once the car goes above 5 mph, you can turn it off by pressing and holding the door locking button on the dash until a beep is heard

No - its before you've even opened the door and got in the car that I am refering to.

BMW 330D
If i unlock the car then go in my boot it still locks the car so if you close the boot with the keys in your stuffed :(

mini cooper (RIP 172)
If i unlock the car then go in my boot it still locks the car so if you close the boot with the keys in your stuffed :(

never thought about that???

better make sure i don't do such a silly thing!

it should lock after 30secs (says in the book)

RenaultSport 172 cup
If you unlock the car then don't open any doors,it locks itself automatically after a few seconds. They all do that I think