ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Centre bore adaptors clio cup 182

Clio 182 cup
Hi sorry seen some of this has been covered before.

my question is though, basically I found some wheels I like but the centre bore on the wheels are 57.1mm where as my centre bore on the car is 60.1mm I believe?

So can I get centre bore adaptors or spigots that adapt and smallen from 60.1 to 57.1 so I can fit the wheels on?

Thank you.

Clio 182 cup
Yeah the centre bore of the wheels need to be bigger yes but there not on these ones I want lol. That's why I asked if there's adaptors?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What offset are the wheels?

Its possible to make adaptors, but you will drop the offset by about 20mm when you do it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There's no way you can make the hub bore smaller than it already is.

Not sure you have thought about this very well :p

If you cant do it then clearly this didnt happen?
Which is @lesley 's old car, which used 56.6 mm bore alloys on a mk1 clio with a 60.1mm original spigot then?

chip.jpg

I made the adaptors from some hubcentric spacers, worked perfectly as the vauxhall wheels were a 49mm offset.
We used 25mm adaptors at the front and 20mm at the back IIRC (front is a bit narrow to start with on the mk1 so we increased it for that reason)

Clio 182 cup
If you cant do it then clearly this didnt happen?
Which is @lesley 's old car, which used 56.6 mm bore alloys on a mk1 clio with a 60.1mm original spigot then?

chip.jpg

I made the adaptors from some hubcentric spacers, worked perfectly as the vauxhall wheels were a 49mm offset.
We used 25mm adaptors at the front and 20mm at the back IIRC (front is a bit narrow to start with on the mk1 so we increased it for that reason)

Thank you! This is what I am getting at! So you can get hubcentric spacers that allow smaller centre bore wheels to fit on bigger hub bores? Will I have to get some specifically made or is there a company that do 20mm hubcentric spacers that go on 60.1mm clio hubs but fit 57.1mm wheel centre bores?

Thanks.

Clio 182 cup
What offset are the wheels?

Its possible to make adaptors, but you will drop the offset by about 20mm when you do it.

Sorry did not see your post, the offset of the wheels are 25 and they are 7J width. 15" 4x100 with 57.1mm centre bore.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Im sure there are people who sell them already made, but we just used a set of VW spacers which we machined down to vauxhall on the outside and upto renault on the inside.

If you get some 57.1mm 20mm spacers and then bore the inside to 60.1 it will fit, although you might need to trip the spigot down a bit on the car for clearance depth wise.

But it depends on the offset of the wheels.

At 25mm offset, its going to be the same as running a 40 or so mm spacer as you will have the difference from that to the stock clio wheel PLUS the width of the adaptor.

It worked for me because we were doing it with wheels with a LARGER offset than we wanted, you though arent in that situation.

So I think in your case I would say its no doable, unless you want your wheels stuck out a very long way (on the back I just dont see how it would ever fit)

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
He could get the wheel bore done? rather than spacers.

But as you have mentioned all depends on the offset.

Clio 182 cup
Im sure there are people who sell them already made, but we just used a set of VW spacers which we machined down to vauxhall on the outside and upto renault on the inside.

If you get some 57.1mm 20mm spacers and then bore the inside to 60.1 it will fit, although you might need to trip the spigot down a bit on the car for clearance depth wise.

But it depends on the offset of the wheels.

At 25mm offset, its going to be the same as running a 40 or so mm spacer as you will have the difference from that to the stock clio wheel PLUS the width of the adaptor.

It worked for me because we were doing it with wheels with a LARGER offset than we wanted, you though arent in that situation.

So I think in your case I would say its no doable, unless you want your wheels stuck out a very long way (on the back I just dont see how it would ever fit)

Thanks for you help, what a bummer! More hassle than it is worth really. Shame as try were nice wheels and came with nearly new tyres on and were cheaper than what I'm prepared to pay for new tyres on my current wheels.

Just stick with te turini's they look nice enough anyway!

Cheers