ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CF bonnet opinions.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
hey there am looking for some peoples opinions on getting a CF bonnet.

Due to some punk thinking it was a good idea to give my bonnet a good ole kick on a friday night it's pretty much dented. I've tried popping it back into shape but it's still pretty bad.

So am wondering if I should just buy a standard clio bonnet and get it sprayed or buy a CF bonnet instead and save the spraying costs.

I've got a Black Clio 1.2 16v dynamique.

thanks
Mavez

Tangoed Works
get one they are sexy...
DSC00212.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Cool, you got any pictures of it futher back? and also where did you get yours?

S2000
Depends on the colout of your car if its just for looks that your doing it tbh. With certain colours it looks s**t hot imo, but with others it really doesn't go well.

alien green rs133
looks mint on a light blue car... BLUE FTW lol but on a black car is it worth it?? its not going to cost as much to buy a standard bonnet and get it painted as getting a cf one

Tangoed Works
looks mint on a light blue car... BLUE FTW lol but on a black car is it worth it?? its not going to cost as much to buy a standard bonnet and get it painted as getting a cf one

Well I didnt actually buy it for looks. The weight saving has made a noticeable difference to the way the car turns in now as the centre of gravity over the front is lower. More point and shooty.

I cant wait to get some of those solid top mounts as well to further improve this.

On small stabs of the accelerator the car does move forward noticeably better than before with heavyweight mk2 bonnet.

On a non RS I dont see the point as there isnt enough poke to make the most out of the weight saving, but it has made perfect sense for me, espsh as it only cost me £185.

Tangoed Works
looks s**t on blue

only kidding mate... How have you got yours to stand automatically. I left my bonnet prop off lol. Just use my head!

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
yeah that actually looks quite good on the black. Jay where did you get yours from?

Tangoed Works
Cheers Alan. Mavez I got it off Caramel on here... he was selling up so got a bargain.

Going to pick up a Megs G220 polisher in the next couple months and will give it a once over to obtain that glass shine. Will get some piccys up as soon as thats done.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Yeah, Jay your car looks damn good. Might look out for a cf bonnet then.

thanks

mavez