ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chad's MK3 1.4 Non-Sport

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Hi all!

So I've been searching around your forums for the last few years, and although I'm based in Johannesburg, South Africa, I would love to share my minimalistic mods with you guys and get advice from what I believe to be an enormously resourceful forum!

For me it started when I bought my first car in 2012, a gold MK2 1.4 Alize. My lady needed wheels so I let her use it and bought a Non-sport MK3 1.4 Expression 3Dr.

After all the searching and wishing to do some mods, I've taken some before photos and now start my modding journey to share with you guys!

Although I may not be able to source all the same parts in South Africa, I'll do my best to get as much as I can!

Thanks for reading my thread in advance and I hope you enjoy your stay!
Chad.

Here is how she sits now after a polish :)

ChadClioMk3Non-Sport-1.jpg

ChadClioMk3Non-Sport-3.jpg

ChadClioMk3Non-Sport-4.jpg

ChadClioMk3Non-Sport-5.jpg

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Howzit.

Nice clean model there. I didn't see any whilst I was in Jo'burg last time round. Mostly the older Mk2's.
Thank you very much! Yeah there are quite a few scattered around Joburg, not too many 3dr models though. As you say, plenty old mk2s.

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Decided to paint the calipers and drums blue.

Started off with a mini service, new plugs and air filter. The ignition coils were a bit of a mission to take out at first, but having the right tools helped the second time.
calipers-1.jpg

calipers-2.jpg

calipers-3.jpg

Jacked up the car (had no axle stands so used bricks as a back-up) and cleaned out each of the rims.

calipers-4.jpg

Before clean

calipers-16.jpg

After clean

calipers-6.jpg

Sprayed onto a lid and painted on with a brush onto the calipers.

calipers-7.jpg

calipers-8.jpg

calipers-9.jpg

Then the drums.

calipers-14.jpg

And got a little carried away under the hood :)

calipers-15.jpg

calipers-17.jpg

End result, I'm pretty happy.

calipers-18.jpg

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Hey all! Thinking of popping on some plasti dip stripes this weekend in white, liking the sound of Gordini type stripes. Anyone had a bash at plasti dip stripes before?

Hey all! Thinking of popping on some plasti dip stripes this weekend in white, liking the sound of Gordini type stripes. Anyone had a bash at plasti dip stripes before?

Hi there nice clean car love what you have done with the drums and calipers. Might take a leaf off your book lol. I have used plasti dip on the badge as it was my first time I ended up doing it about 2/3 times but love the end result. A friend of mine uses it a lot and has said to me to do a light dust coat with it first, then wait half hour or so then heavier coats after. I did about 3 coats on the badge so if I was you I would do the same if not more. Good luck with it :)

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Hey roryb thanks for the reply! I was actually looking at your thread yesterday, really epic car you have there!

I'll definitely try a light coat first, I think I'm just going to have to remove the masking tape each time so it doesn't all dry and peel off with the tape. I also got a gloss can so let's see how that goes!

Thanks mate!

Clio mk3
Hey roryb thanks for the reply! I was actually looking at your thread yesterday, really epic car you have there!

I'll definitely try a light coat first, I think I'm just going to have to remove the masking tape each time so it doesn't all dry and peel off with the tape. I also got a gloss can so let's see how that goes!

Thanks mate! [emoji106]

Be interesting to see if the gloss stuff actually works as well as people say,good luck man[emoji106] plasti dip is awesome stuff![emoji16]

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Be interesting to see if the gloss stuff actually works as well as people say,good luck man[emoji106] plasti dip is awesome stuff![emoji16]

Yeah let's see hey! I'm also going to go for a preval spray system where you add the paint at the bottom in a bottle and the aerosol can then sucks the paint. I believe the nozzle on the standard can isn't too great [emoji16]. I'll definitely put pics up, here's to hoping it goes well [emoji41]

Thanks mate!
Cheers mate, yeah remove the masking tape before it drys I did have that problem when I did the badge as it was on newspaper lol. Does the gloss can just spray over the plasti dip? I remember seeing something like that when I was looking for plasti dip on eBay.

I also got 2 high temperature paint cans yesterday, one is silver the other is black so im gonna do my calipers and disks. Silver calipers, black disks, I'm not going as bright as you lol

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Cheers mate, yeah remove the masking tape before it drys I did have that problem when I did the badge as it was on newspaper lol. Does the gloss can just spray over the plasti dip? I remember seeing something like that when I was looking for plasti dip on eBay.

I also got 2 high temperature paint cans yesterday, one is silver the other is black so im gonna do my calipers and disks. Silver calipers, black disks, I'm not going as bright as you lol

Haha cool enjoy the painting! [emoji106] I ended up not using the gloss in the end and ran out of paint for the stripes on the roof [emoji51] I think I'm going to get it done properly in vinyl though if I get used to it these next few weeks

Haha cool enjoy the painting! [emoji106] I ended up not using the gloss in the end and ran out of paint for the stripes on the roof [emoji51] I think I'm going to get it done properly in vinyl though if I get used to it these next few weeks

Yeah I did the calipers I posted the pictures on my thread, cleaned the inside of the alloy which i have just seen yoy have done recently lol so have you got any pictures of the roof? Are you eventually going to do the stripes?

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Hi all!

So after a long morning turned afternoon here's what I managed to get done.

Was it worth it? Maybe not... I'm probably going to just peel it off after a few weeks cause it really isn't for the long term.

I do definitely like the look it gives the car so will be thinking about putting vinyl stripes on in the near future!

Started off with a clean
clio_3_stripes_plastidip-6.jpg

Masking tape and newspaper outlines
clio_3_stripes_plastidip-1.jpg

The preval spray system with white plastidip
clio_3_stripes_plastidip-2.jpg

First light dust coat (thanks @roryb)
clio_3_stripes_plastidip-3.jpg

Last coat front
clio_3_stripes_plastidip-5.jpg

Last coat back
clio_3_stripes_plastidip-4.jpg

Final shot
clio_3_stripes_plastidip-8.jpg

Back final shot
clio_3_stripes_plastidip-7.jpg

I actually ran out of aerosol so had to leave the top unfinished :(

Any thoughts?

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Sorry for the late post, here's me adding reverse sensors. I managed to get them for pretty cheap and didn't take long to do either!

Sensors
clio_3_reverse_sensors-1.jpg

Sensors again
clio_3_reverse_sensors-5.jpg

Messy wiring before I tidied them up
clio_3_reverse_sensors-2.jpg

Front display unit
clio_3_reverse_sensors-3.jpg

clio_3_reverse_sensors-4.jpg

clio 3 1.6 dynamic
@thegadget_777
love the mods also from Jozi and have a 1.6 Non-sport 3dr Dynamic and i noticed the pipe you have, is that standard? very neat and it seems that not much info on these models in SA ...

would be quite interested in what you might know :D

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
@thegadget_777
love the mods also from Jozi and have a 1.6 Non-sport 3dr Dynamic and i noticed the pipe you have, is that standard? very neat and it seems that not much info on these models in SA ...

would be quite interested in what you might know :D

Hey great to have someone to relate to from Jozi!

Yeah that's what I've found too, love the information on the forum, these guys know everything there is to know about clios!

I added the exhaust tip earlier this year at Supaquick, set me back R400 but I had to cut my bumper a bit more as it kept knocking against it when going over bumps etc. Did it with a Stanley knife, was no biggie :cool:

clio 3 1.6 dynamic
hahaha i love that ...... is it just the exhaust tip or a full free flow? and i seem to be battling with things like aftermarket radios ect

SA has got nothing for us lol

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
hahaha i love that ...... is it just the exhaust tip or a full free flow? and i seem to be battling with things like aftermarket radios ect

SA has got nothing for us lol
Yeah just the tip, had to replace my silencer and remove the first catalytic converter after a little bit of fun in Lydenburg potholes coming back from Kruger haha :D

clio 3 1.6 dynamic
Ive been thinking of a bit of a clio SA club for all the guys looking for mods or advice locally and maybe a few meets and greets.... maybe we could find some like minded people who also seem to be having the problems we are having

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Ok so been quiet lately, my bad!

I came upon this after much forum trolling, if only I knew sooner that I could add an Aux cable to my Clio's stock head unit...

I couldn't get the official cable from Renault and didn't feel like searching about for one so made my own with a couple of crimps and an unused aux cable; sounds great!
20150116_102133.jpg

20150116_102948.jpg

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
Went over to Ireland in December with my girlfriend. Was a definite great trip!

I brought back on the plane an arm rest bought from Mick's Garage in Dublin, the only problem when I got back to South Africa is that the bottom part of the unit was for a Clio 2 :(

Needless to worry, I decided to recreate my own with a cardboard cereal box and some fibreglass!

20141229_211543.jpg
[/URL]
20141230_012557.jpg

20150106_104550.jpg

20150106_145334.jpg

20150106_160833.jpg