ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chair airbag resistors

(s)Low Dynamique
Right, this is doing my head in now... I've followed various guides and can't seem to work this out!

Under my drivers seat I have the following:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340461764.419346.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340461781.823331.jpg

Should I be doing something with the six loose wires?

And this is under my passenger seat (no grey blocks?)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340461845.421955.jpg

Please help!! Many thanks in advance

(s)Low Dynamique
I forgot to say, the problem is that I still have the airbag/serv light on my dash and they wont go out!

how do :) saw you n sean yesterday

Do you not have the standard pretensioners?

you could wire in some bullets connectors or even solder them, and the other connector (bottom pic) I have too, but unconnected, so that shouldn't be your issue.

I have rs seats too.

I'm guessing the passenger wires will need resistors too :)

(s)Low Dynamique
how do :) saw you n sean yesterday

Do you not have the standard pretensioners?

you could wire in some bullets connectors or even solder them, and the other connector (bottom pic) I have too, but unconnected, so that shouldn't be your issue.

I have rs seats too.

I'm guessing the passenger wires will need resistors too :)

Yeah haha I clocked you! I put my thumb up, not sure if you noticed :p And that's not Sean, it's my friend Sam who has bought Seans wheels/exhaust/coilovers!

So what you're saying is that there should be grey blocks on the passenger side?

yea oh pretty much the same then tbh looked 'odd' with his hood up in his car.

Yea the passenger side has the blocks on too on my seats.

So them loose wires should be connected in some way either through resistors or through the seat pretensioners.

I'll get a pick up so you can match the wires up n either solder or use a resistor.

(s)Low Dynamique
yea oh pretty much the same then tbh looked 'odd' with his hood up in his car.

Yea the passenger side has the blocks on too on my seats.

So them loose wires should be connected in some way either through resistors or through the seat pretensioners.

I'll get a pick up so you can match the wires up n either solder or use a resistor.

Nice one mate, it's much appreciated!

As said, if you're using existing seatbelts with pretensioners, those loose wires should be joined to the grey connector, and just a resistor in the black one.
The loose wires will be 2 for pretensioner, 2 for seat position sensor (in the rail), and 2 for Seatbelt warning beeper.

There should be a similar grey connector on the passenger side, however with just two wires in it, going to the pretensioner.

Those are pics of both sides of the connector hopefully it'll be of some help as james said there will be wires of which these connect to.

Have some more pics as one of the orange wires has a brown stripe on it too.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340556594591.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340556594591.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1340556611434.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340556611434.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 27