ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

challenge for the best private plate...

Abarth 500

My current plate is Y 21 CBS (21st Bday pressie)

The plate I want is MR 51 ADE (MR SLADE) but it sold recently for 5k so I may have to settle for CB 51ADE - which is only 2k I think!

My names Christian Benjamin Slade BTW!

the reason me rear plate is diff girlracer, is that the s39 plate was the origional plate of the car and the photo of the rear was taken before the plate, would be a good deterant tho!

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 18 March 2003

Quote: Originally posted by hugo on 18 March 2003

Clean 16v do you live in Sale?
i work there and my car is usually there why?
seen it around and it looks really nice, very very clean and tidy. Prob the nicest clio i have seen

My girlfriends, mums best friend has

AA 4

The AA directors made her a silly offer for the plate a while back but she declined the offer apparentley they were talking more than a couple hundred K.

MAD for a licence plate.

One of the important peeps in Chelmsford has F1 and 1F - apparently oneof the formula 1 team bosses offered him £1,000,000 for it and he said NO!!!

where did u see that glenn? iaint eva seen it, oh hang on isnt that the platei have on my festa mk2 950cc, the trusty old f1 plate, yeah i told dave richards of BAR to suck it when he offered a poultry million for it, cmon, any better offer from you guys?

BSNC

www.woah.co.uk

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

was it me and Nick read at Brands Hatch who saw the number plate

That was it the number 4. It was a old nissan dastu some old sh*tter.

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah that old Daihatsu Pony or something Aaron. If that was seriously just the 4 on the plate, we should have offered her 10 grand cash there and then.

Daz, no its not 2.0. Staying 1.8 although with a slight overbore to take the new pistons so instead of 1764 itll be something like 1796cc.

F1 and 1F are owned by Essex County Council and are on two Volvo S80 things. One of which seems to think his speedo stops at 40mph... AAARGH! :mad:

I have my eye on an RS-based plate that will look like one that goes for 5-figures. Sadly, Im skint, so cant even afford the £500 it costs. :(

If youre gonna go for private plates though, always look at the DVLA website first as a lot of the brokers just quote DVLA prices + their commission on top.

Oh yeah, and if you have plates on retention, dont you have to pay like £80 a year to keep them or something? As I thought the DVLA will take back any that arent registered on a car after a year or something?!?

And if you change to a private plate, do you keep the old on on retention and just swap it back when you sell?

i think its more than £80 a year but yea u have to pay it for the time the plate is off the car.

when you put a private plate on the car, you get rid of the old plates as when you sell the car, it is given a new plate white valver

Right ho. Might make the old HPI check look a bit odd with 3 different plates on it?!

Not that Im ever going to be rich enough to buy a decent plate anyway! CA51NOS is on the DVLA site to go to auction soon. £1000 reserve - think it might make a bit more than that! :)

im sure it will. the HPI check will show the origional plate but then changed to the private and then being given a new one which is all recorded by the DVLA so wil be legit

its £25 per year to hold it on retention, but they dont tell you when it s up .

you get your old one back aswell when you take the private one off

you just have to ask for the original one, however if the old one is one some one wants, then you may not be able to get it back but normally you can as most cars come with ones which are normal any way

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 20 March 2003

Daz, no its not 2.0. Staying 1.8 although with a slight overbore to take the new pistons so instead of 1764 itll be something like 1796cc.
ah, cool!

Daz.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 20 March 2003

Oh yeah, and if you have plates on retention, dont you have to pay like £80 a year to keep them or something? As I thought the DVLA will take back any that arent registered on a car after a year or something?!?
And if you change to a private plate, do you keep the old on on retention and just swap it back when you sell?
You pay £80 initially for your personal transfer to your car and if you decide to take it off the car you have to pay an annual fee of £25 to keep it on a retention certificate.

If you sell your car, then the original number will be re-allocated to you, as it is always kept registered by the DVLA against your vin number.