ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changin the standard Tweeters?

How have people got round changin the standard tweeters i cant find out how they wired up.

do the speakers Wire directly to the sub thats in the door or do they ave their own seporate little cross over in (very doubtful).

Ive just bought some new component speakers and lookin to fit them in factory locations just under sure how i dis connect the original tweeters and speakers as my new ones will be running from amp and i would like the other ones out or totally dis connected.

Any surjestions?

Nike Lunar Elite's
I dont understand what you are getting at as the way in which they are wired shouldn't make any difference if you are replacing them with components. They are connected with a simple plug, the same as the door speakers, and are clipped in under the dash. Just remove them and use the wiring supplied with your components to hook them up to the crossovers.

dynamique_g said:
im trying to take my dash off and its being a right mutha fooker.

lol this is what i herd as well.

When i say how they wired up to the HU i mean

Sub + - joined to the tweeter + - then + - taken to the headunit and that powers them both?

if u twist the grill off which i can you cant get the tweeter out its just under the dash to the left so it wont just unclip out as the plug behind it stops it from being fully pulled out and without takin the dash out you cant get to it.

so i just wanan know how to disable both the standard sub and tweeter do i just unplug the sub and that will automattically stop the tweeter from workin as well?? this is why i wana know how their wired.

rubber.JPG

also how do i get this rubber out should it just pull out easy as i want to leave the original cablin for ease of when i put factory back in when i sell the car in the future but also want to route the new cables through it.

Polo + Micra
the cable that comes out of the hu splits up one set goes to the tweeter and the other to the mid

BMW M135i
Also you can't run cable down that gaitor (well you can but with intense difficultly and you need to be a member to see the guide), its got a sealed plug on the end of it. To get it off you lift up the locking plastic part on the body of the car about 50mm or so and that allows you to remove the plug from the socket.

bmh.01 said:
Also you can't run cable down that gaitor (well you can but with intense difficultly and you need to be a member to see the guide), its got a sealed plug on the end of it. To get it off you lift up the locking plastic part on the body of the car about 50mm or so and that allows you to remove the plug from the socket.

is it possible for anyone to copy the guide to word for me :| please i dont really want cable just angin out the side of the door card which im also findin a task just to get off !

If any one does manage it for me send it to this address please thanks:
cra1g_2010@hotmail.com

J

jamesy

i think your find the door speaker will have a crossover built onto it and that the tweeter will run off that speaker;)

SLK 350
Thats not a cross-over jamesy, just a splitter. A cross-over will activelt split the signal frequency and delegate that to tweeter/mid. The standard setup will send a duplicate signal both high/low frequency to the tweeter (i.e not as good).

Ive sent the article to you fella, but do the club a favour. Spend £5 on a years membership and enjoy such luxury.

R35 GTR
craig20102010 said:
is it possible for anyone to copy the guide to word for me :| please i dont really want cable just angin out the side of the door card which im also findin a task just to get off !

If any one does manage it for me send it to this address please thanks:
cra1g_2010@hotmail.com

pay for membership you tight git.lol.

theres loads of other benefits too.

Polo + Micra
jamesy said:
i think your find the door speaker will have a crossover built onto it and that the tweeter will run off that speaker;)
i think you will find that the tweeter is the only thing that has any sort of x-over(hpf in this case)

which is basicly a bi-polar electrolytic capacitor in series

M140i/Orange 182
when we were doing this, we found that one colour wire goes into the plug and a completley different colout wire comes out !!!:S

and there not the same both sides!

Dave3141 said:
pay for membership you tight git.lol.

theres loads of other benefits too.

lmao

aye ive bin thinkin about it for a long time just never got round to payin it lol...

thanks for the reminder. lol

Cheers Ozzy for the File.

bmh.01 said:

lift the plastic block about 50mm (5cm)?? you mean 5mm?

and just to clarify you mean the plastic block that is shown in that pic i posted. i cant see any other way to route the cable from the inside to the door speaker.

BMW M135i
Where the plug goes into the socket on the car body, the plastic part around it lifts up 50mm or so allowing you to remove the plug. When you get it off you'll see why its a massive pain in the arse to run cable through.