ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing a rad.. how bigger job issit?

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
jsut brought a ali rad and am going to fit it with the old man. how much of a job issit?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Easy enough i think, couple of bolts and the hoses to remove. Might be worth getting some jubilee clips incase the origional hose clamps break/weaken.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Easy enough i think, couple of bolts and the hoses to remove. Might be worth getting some jubilee clips incase the origional hose clamps break/weaken.

sorted already i fitted new silicon hoses at the weekend. so im wrong in thinkin you have to take front bumper off?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Haynes manual says no, but you need to remove the retaining bolts for the air con rad which is atatched i think.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
fnacy popping down to hertfordshire then ben? also will i actually notice any differences with a ali rad? it is 3kg lighter though :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
fnacy popping down to hertfordshire then ben? also will i actually notice any differences with a ali rad? it is 3kg lighter though :)

You wont notice anything on the road no.

Drive to cheshire and I'll do it for you no probs lol

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
lol well shes leaking quite badly! the bottle goes down to min in about half hours worth of driving!

alien green rs133
remove two bolts at either end of slam pannel
loosen two at front (back of front crossmember)
lift slam panel out of way
unclip fan connector and temp sensor
undo hoses
lift rad out
swap fan to alloy rad
reverse steps should about cover it :D

theres not much more to it, (i havent done a ph1 but cant see it being that different from ph2, there might be two brackets holding top of rad but they kinda logical to remove if so)

Lots of Alfas
remove two bolts at either end of slam pannel
loosen two at front (back of front crossmember)
lift slam panel out of way
unclip fan connector and temp sensor
undo hoses
lift rad out
swap fan to alloy rad
reverse steps should about cover it :D

theres not much more to it, (i havent done a ph1 but cant see it being that different from ph2, there might be two brackets holding top of rad but they kinda logical to remove if so)

In addition you have to unbolt the 4 bolts holding the air con radiator to it. Does your new rad have the provisions for the air con radiator to sit on it?? Onvce youve got the stuff out the way its only held in with 2 clamps, once youve unbolted them just slide the metal bits out the rubber mounts. On the ph1 youll have to remove the front bumper to remove the grille and to get at the air con radiator lower bolts.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
well i jsut got it of the internet same as burp bought and fitted to his. haynes manual will be bought i think me and me dad are very handy with tools but just havnt done a rad before