ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing all speaker for JL Audio - what about the dash tweeters?

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Alright all

I took off the speaker grilles on my 182 to see a 5.25" speaker. I am quite into my ICE and have a large personal stash of JL, Diamond, Soundstream ICE.

I realised I have two sets of new JL TR 5.25" coaxials in stock, so ordered the Clio speaker adapters as I don't like cutting plugs off.

My thoughts are these; typically I would run a set of components but I can't be too fussed this time and don't plan an amp or anything.

I was wondering of the impact in me running the coaxials in the front BUT the dash tweeters still connected? I could disconnect them if I need to, but was wondering how bright the front will sound? I will be fitting the JL TR 2 way coaxial into the doors and rear cards.

Anyone fitted coaxials and still kept the front tweeter?

Advice appreciated!

Polo + Micra
can you disable the co-ax tweeters? as i guess you are like most humans and don't have ears in your knees lol

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Lol no not really you can't.

Plus they are JL Audio; would rather disconnect the Renault stuff!

Polo + Micra
normally they are just soldered onto the tabs of the speaker so you'd only be desoldering and can easily be put back

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had (admitedly only crappy pioneer ones) coaxials in the doors and Factory tweeters on the dash and the sound was proper harsh.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
I'd rather not mess with them chaps

OK so it seems maybe I disconnect the dash tweets OR put some JL 5.25" components in, which I am reluctant to do without the use of an amp or a proper headunit.

Is it easy to disconnect the dash tweets?