ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing aux belt on 182 cup

Clio 182
I know this has been covered a few times on here but there's no definitive answer. My aux belt is rubbing on my tensioner when I had the cambelt checked and I'm wondering how the hell you get a tool down the side of the engine to undo the tensioner? Is this a case of engine mounts off to move the engine over or is there and easier way?

Any guide on this would be appreciated!

Clio 172
I know this has been covered a few times on here but there's no definitive answer. My aux belt is rubbing on my tensioner when I had the cambelt checked and I'm wondering how the hell you get a tool down the side of the engine to undo the tensioner? Is this a case of engine mounts off to move the engine over or is there and easier way?

Any guide on this would be appreciated!
squash a jubilee clip in to an oval shape and put it over the tensioner, tighten to take the tension off the belt. To take the tensioner off, I think I had to raise/lower the engine with the top mount off to get a socket and extension through an access hole.