ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing back to standard suspension???????? should i or not!!!!!

Clio 172
Hello guys just wanted your thoughts i have my car on vmax coilovers and iv had a few problems since i have had them and its cost me alot of money to sort a few things out and still got a few other little probs cause of them fred has tried to sort a couple of probs out but i think it would be easyier just to go back to standard i dont drive hard or do any track days i only got them cause i liked the look of the car when lowered lol so should i go back to standard and sell the coilovers for £300 they are 11 months old and done about 14000 miles or keep them im heading towards going back to standard then at least i should stop going through driveshafts etc lol

(the problem i have at the minute is when i turn left and right the car judders alot feels like the wheels are catching on something, me and fred was unable to find out why everything is sound from what fred could make out! there is only the mounts that could need replacing but i just dont want to spend the money and find out it is still doing it)

cheers guys

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
some punctuation would come a miss lol,

but tbh, i dont really think its the coilovers to blame for that, have to tried raising it to the same height as standard suspension and seeing if it still makes the noise??

surely if it's scrubbing, there would be scrub marks?? and odd wear on hte tyre??

what you're talking about sounds more like a knackered CV joint??

Also, what do you mean by, "At least I should stop going through driveshafts"??

Iceberg 172
I'm knackered after reading that!

If Fred can't diagnose it in person, then I doubt CS can do it from that description - though many will try anyway :rolleyes:

Only you can answer your underlying question, which is whether the look of these coilies worth the hassle you seem to be getting. But in order to answer that, you need to discover which problems are related to the coilies and which are just other problems your car has.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Standard FTW! Don't think you'd get £300 for the coilovers though.

Clio 172
lol sorry i was at work when i typed that up!

fred how much will it cost to bang the old suspension back on! cause you would be the man to do it :p

Ihave been though 4 driveshafts in total lol but i dont think it helped that the garge i got it done at didnt get ren parts!

Clio 172
thanks fred ill give you a ring at some point to see when you can fit me in!!!!!!need it doing soon as cause it is just doing my head in now lol

im going to give it a go on thursday and raise it just to see but i think i would rather have the car back to standard now!