ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing catalytic converter Renault Clio mk2

Renault Clio Alize
Hi all, I am thinking of changing my cat. I think the flexi bit has become hard and It is causing a vibration through the cab.

I just have a few questions
1) I was wondering if there is a gasket between the manifold and cat?
2) Do I need something called a fitting kit? If so, what does that include so I know what I don't have to buy.
3) Should I also buy a new lambda sensor?

I don't have any nasty smell and she passed her MOT in August with no problems.

Thanks all

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
How you get on with this- I need to swap out my cat converter (Ph 1 172) and wonder which fitting kit? theres several on ebay

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Use a genuine Renault kit, their only about 23 quid and are much better than the cheapo ones.
Yes, seen these. But they don't seem to come with a gasket between manifold and Cat?
Is it not needed- or do you buy seperately
Seems a bit daft to buy a fitting kit without a gasket

monaco 172
They do, comes with 2 bolts, 2 nuts, dohnut gasket, 2 fibre washers and 2 steel washers and 2 springs

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
what about the flat gasket manifold end?

monaco 172
Manifold to cat is the link I posted.

The only other you will need is cat to centre section which looks very similar to your link above

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Manifold to cat is the link I posted.

The only other you will need is cat to centre section which looks very similar to your link above
Yes, my error. Cat to centre section gasket

Wonder why they don't put that gasket on the fitting pack