ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing climate fan guide

Caterham 1400 Supersport
Hello,

As a couple of people asked me about how to change the annoying, buzzing climate recirc fan, I thought i'd put together a quick video guide. It's rough, but shows just how easy it is. You are looking at a 5 minute job maximum.

http://www.aqualifeleasing.co.uk/images/Clio fan how to.wmv

Sadly, the new fan from Renault still makes a slight buzzing, although it's not as bad. I took apart the old fan unit and as well as being dirty (despite me cleaning it just a few weeks ago), the small metal shaft the fan spins on had no lubriction. I think it may be worth trying to add a small amount of grease here, BEFORE buying a new unit from Renault? The shaft and bearing show no signs of wear on my '02 172. Keeping the fan blades clean will also help reduce vibration, and so noise. As I have already bought and fitted the new one I will keep the old one as a spare, and will refit (greased) at a later date.

I thought it might inspire others to make a video guide for other aspects of Clio maintenance. :approve:

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
very useful that dave its nice to see people doing these fitting guides renault would probably charge a fortune for that

muz

big fat japanese bus
nice work

mate mine is okay but I have heard some really loud!

ati

Clio Dynamique
damn i,m having probems downloading and viewing, anyone else?

how much did n=anyone get their replacemnts for and from where please?

Thanks

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
You can actually stop the noise without replacing the fan. Its basically a tube that sits against plastic, as the fan gets worn it causes a TINY vibration, but this vibration sounds loud because its sitting on plastic. If you were to put rubber foam / rubber around the fan and its slot it sits in, you can reduce the vibrations ALOT to the point you can no longer hear any.

Ive done this instead of buying a new fan.

ati

Clio Dynamique
i still cant view the video?

can anyone tell me the part number of the fan please?

or the noisless one if anyone knows it?

ati

Clio Dynamique
i,m bit worried because even the new one still makes that humming noise according to the video and tbh i cant see the wear and tare of the cause of the noise.

ati

Clio Dynamique
hello

quick update

took it all to pieces, i cleaned it and wd40 and greased the shaft, not really huge improvment.

maybe the silent vesion may be the ones for me :)

can anyone please conform these are fitted in any clio 54 04 plate?

any pics or partnumber would be a great help :)

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
bookmarked for later.

Thanks for taking the time (all be it 4 years ago) to post this, hopefully will save me a bit of dosh!

Nissan 350z
Well 5years after Fishy Dave posted this i actually used it and found it very useful. So thanks for that!

Managed to remove my fan, cleaned it, lubed it with some WD40 and replaced it.
Turned the ignition on and ..... no difference! Oh well it was worth trying at least and very easy to do :)