ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing components in 182

can anyone tell me how to change components in 182. the tweeters are in the top of the dash has any1 changed them and how do you get at them?

and to change the door speakers can you get at the speakers without taking door card off? any help is welcome cheers!

172 cup'd extreme

to change the tweeters you have to take off the dash, as they are deep down in there, the door speakers are easy , just pull the cover off and there are 2 or 4 torx, undo them and the old speaker comes out.

Lee

BMW M2C

Welcome to CS. If you join Chris there is a how to on removing the top of the dash in the members section. ;)

ok thanks for that changing the speakers in door sound easy enough!

can you put alink up for me to the bit where it tells how to take dash of to change the tweeters please ! cheers

Chris, definately join but I wouldnt bother trying to change the tweeters. If you buy a component set the new speakers will be 1" or 1.5" and the Reno speakers are bigger. Just mount the new tweeters elsewhere.

oh right thanks for that danger mouse, it saves me taling my car apart to find that my ne tweeters wont fit,cheers i think i will mount them elts were anyway its prob for the best.

Clio 172 Ph2

my tweeters went in ok, you just have to use the appropriate fixing.

dont mount them on the dash, that just looks tacky! do it properly!

RB_172 what fixings did you use mate? I couldnt find any way to do it without making something up and I didnt fancy that.

BTW I didnt stick em on the dash cos I didnt think theyd look good, I mounted em on the trim on the inside of the wing mirror, at an angle and they look okay. I used the dash tweeters for my phone hansdfree then so I didnt have to mount a speaker for that.

Clio 172 Ph2

My MB Quart components come with a little metal bracket that looks like the following:

\ /
\------------ -------------/

You just screw that onto the bottom of the tweeter using the nuts + bots provided. Its long enough to bridge the gap on either side of the plastic mount in the dash. So the tweeter itself fits in the hole (and wont push though), then you fix the bracket onto the back of the tweeter (the other side of the plastic) so it cant pull up through it.

If youre really really really interested, Ill pull the dash off again and take a picture ;)

Thanks for the kind offer mate but unless Chris wants a look, Ill not have you taking the dash out again. I fitted Pioneed TSS-15 tweeters and I like the fact that the tweeters do point at me rather than the roof but I must admit Id have done what you did if its as easy as it sounds. The tweeters I got were either surface or flash mount.

Chris, if you dont fancy taking the dash off let me know and Ill get some pics of the tweets on the mirrors for you. If not, Id look around for tweeters with brackets like RB_172 got.

OO if you could post some pics up that would be great.

Where did you mount the crossovers? And where did you feed the amp/HU connection from?

Im looking at sticking my tweeters in the footwells if it isnt going to look to sloppy and if its easy enough to wire which it should be.

Clio 172 Ph2

My crossovers are in the boot.

The amp power cable runs through the same grommet the bonnet release and alarm cables do. I also ran one for the HU but my new one doesnt need it.

So power runs down the left side of the car, RCAs down the middle and speaker cable down the right.

Shame Im not doing mine till after the RenaultSport track day or Id save Rich the effort (ok it takes ten mins but hey) and take pics of mine as I do it!