ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Locks / ignition / imobiliser Ph1 172

Sunflower Ph1 172
Not sure if anyone has had this problem in the past, but it's certainly one for an security/electronics gurus out there...

When I bought my ph1, the car came with a Clifford alarm and imobiliser. The thing that worries me that is the key obviously works in the ignition barrel, but doesn’t work in the doors. So if the battery in the Clifford remote died, there is no way of opening the car, or mobilizing it before getting a fresh battery installed.

Also, I don’t know whether the clifford remote would need reprogramming if the battery was removed/changed.

The Renault key doesn’t have a remote inside, as I think the standard alarm is disabled, and this is a replacement key. The previous owner wasn’t aware of the history, and had never had any problems, however I’d like to be able to get into and start my car if the battery died in the remote. Rather than leave the car stranded somewhere.

I’m not sure exactly what would be required as the key won’t work in the door or boot, but does work in the petrol cap. So I don’t know if all the locks were replaced.

This may be a strange one, but I’d like to get an idea of exactly what I would need to have a standard alarm/imobolizer. I know I could just buy a lock set from a broken car, but I’m not sure about the imobolizer, and whether this requires a matching ECU. I’m not great with electrics in all honesty.