ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Manifold & downpipe on hybrid

MK1 Clio 16v
I currently have a willy engine in my valver, with the willy manifold and downpipe.

I want to change it this weekend for the valver manifold and downpipe i have sitting in my garage, as it'll make life easier when it comes to Exhausts, as currently it's a pain (using valver decat with willy downpipe..)

What parts do i need? I've been informed i need a gasket for the manifold, where it bolts on to the engine. Also, is it difficult to do?

Cheers!

2005 Nissan Navara
Its pretty easy...maybe easier if you remove the OS driveshaft.

Putting the cast one back into position can be a pain...but it will go..just!

1.6 focus zetec....
Trust me i hope you dont get the problems me and my cousin have just come across :(

Kiza

MK1 Clio 16v
What problems might they be?

I've heard the valver manifold is better for low down torque which sounds good to me. Not too fussed about top end as i rarely use it anyway.

Just rang GSF and Euro Car Parts and neither of them can get the gaskets i need until next week, and i wanted to get it sorted this weekend. Grr!

Might try Renault and see what they can do, they can normally get it in next day...

Not liking the look of the rusty bolts on the valver manifold though.. hmm.

2005 Nissan Navara
i'd just leave the Williams one on if I were you.

You'll hear lots of claims about one being better than the other, all un-justified, and all subjective.

1.6 focus zetec....
Problems we had were the bolts holding the downpipe to the manifold.... just wouldnt come undone (seemed to be welded on)!! Tried a nut cracker on it and ecverything but it the end we had to get the angel grinder out and get a new manifold!!

Cant you just change the decat to a williams one and have williams exhausts??

Kiza

MK1 Clio 16v
I could do but it just seems a lot of hassle. I've got a valver cat, and a valver decat, and all my exhausts are for a valver and not a williams, so it just makes more sense to me to stick the valver manifold and downpipe on.

Also, im not keen on the angle of the flange on the willy downpipe as my exhaust is catching on everything now, whereas it didn't before..

Plus it's better for insurance ;)

MK1 Clio 16v
Just been down to Renault Leicester to order a gasket for the exhaust manifold and to order a rocker cover gasket.

What a complete rip off it was!

£23.23 for a rocker cover gasket. Isn't that just a piece of card?!

£11ish for the manifold gasket.

Joy..

MK1 Clio 16v
I get had every time i go to Renault, but unfortunately i needed the bits quickly so had no choice but to go there :(