ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing oil

Howdy

Instead of paying Renault comedy prices to change my oil Im going to do it instead. Couple of questions tho..

What size of key do I need for the sump plug and Im I likely to lose at least one finger whilst doing it?!

ta

Renault Laguna Coupe

there is a really good DIY guide on the home page. members only unfortunately, but youd save your membership fee instantly and make a huge profit by changing the oil yourself!

hint :D

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 06 September 2004
there is a really good DIY guide on the home page. members only unfortunately, but youd save your membership fee instantly and make a huge profit by changing the oil yourself!hint :D

hmm i think i might just take the hint
;)

until then tho, any clues?!

drain old oil, replace filter, and sump washer, and refill

nothing to it really just messy, and i find a b*****d getting the sump drain plug out

Ford Fiesta

had a look at mine and read the how to guide..

has anyone done it themselves? the filter look in a right awkward position to get to, facing horizontal, when you unscrew it does oil go everywhere in the engine bay?

Had a local garage change mine for £15 labour, although he regreted not looking at the job before quoting.

Yes, oil does go everywhere. Mine needed a quick blast with a jetwash to clean it off.

Dont attempt it with the engine hot, just warm enough to thin the oil or you will burn your arms reaching for the filter.

For £15 I was glad I didnt attempt it myself.

Ford Fiesta

no way round it suppose then, blasted oil going everywhere in nice clean engine bay.

clio 182

the 182 is a real b*****d especially the oil filter hope youve got thin arms and long fingers get ready to pull your hair out oil plug is a square plug adapter available from most parts depts ie halfords