ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing springs - any alignment issues

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
If I am changing the springs is it likely to change the wheel alignment?

I'm changing to 182 Cup springs from Eibach Prolines, front and rear.

Thanks

Dodgy one
Not unless you use camber bolts, Your camber will change when you lower it but it'l be only be marginally and you wont get any abnormal wear.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
But might be worth getting the values re checke/adjusted. For £40 ish, its a no brainer really tbh

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've had eibach's on a few of my cars, get it aligned after 4 weeks and the springs have settled.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Thanks.

Too much creaking from the Eibachs, it's getting on my t*ts so going back to Renault springs.

Megane R26
I did the same on my 197 - the cup dampers and H&R springs was too twitchy and crashy for my liking.

Coilovers or nothing IMO

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Everytime I've had springs fitted, I've been advised to have the alignment checked. Makes sense IMO.

Golf GTD Mk7
depends how much you're lowering it I guess. Might get mine checked at some point, but seems to run straight and true at the mo.

Dodgy one
:cool: They're been on for almost three years!

On 172 Cup shocks the bottom two coils of the Proline springs touch which causes the creeking noises IMO.

They all compress that much, bet its the topmounts :dapprove: