ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the battery in a 172 key.

My remote central locking has stopped working and I presume its the battery as my spare key works. Trouble is I cant open up the key, last night I managed to put 3 scratches down the key and stab my thumb with my pen knife trying to open it. Got any tips??

Stu.

Quote: Originally posted by Stu_H on 17 September 2002

My remote central locking has stopped working and I presume its the battery as my spare key works. Trouble is I cant open up the key, last night I managed to put 3 scratches down the key and stab my thumb with my pen knife trying to open it. Got any tips??

Stu.

It slides apart in the direction of the arrow - it took me a while too!

Arjun

Ive done it now. It was extremely stiff. I found the best way was to put my Diskloc key in the hole and twist so the two halves of the key move apart.

Stu.

Opening a key head

Place the key head on a table, metal insert at the bottom.

Use a small screwdriver as a lever as indicated below ensuring that the end of it correctly presses on the lower section (E) of the key head. This makes it possible to slide the upper section in relation to the lower section.