ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the dashboard lights..

Clio Authentique 1.2
Hi all, I'm new here! :)
I have a 1.2 Clio Authentique and have decided to modify it a little.

Being only 18 and just leaving school Iv'e decided to take it easy and start with some subtle mods like the dashboard lights.
So far Iv'e replaced the Speedometer lights.

White Speedometer and Rev counter, Red temp and fuel gauges although they look a little orange in pictures, they are a nice red! :rasp:
I will be doing the rest over the weekend so I will post some pictures!

IMG_0360_1.jpg

-Cory.

Clio Authentique 1.2
Cheers JavvaCake!

llgsimpson, you have to de-solder the existing ones and solder new ones in the colour of your choice.
i used 0603 SMD LEDs, I use them to change the player lights on xbox 360 consoles and controllers so they are a little bit small.
But they work! :clap:

Yeah 3258 PLLC-2.

0603 are half the size of these, I've also used them to change lights on my Xbox pads.

If they have the same electrical properties by all means no harm will be done, just hope they don't burn out :)

Clio Authentique 1.2
0603 are fine, they won't burn out.
they are a bit small that's all! :)
Nothing a little extra solder doesn't sort out.

Clio Authentique 1.2
I just thought I'd throw a little update out there, I have ordered 3mm white leds for the window switches and t5 base leds.. etc.

So am hoping to carry on with this tuesday! :D

Clio Authentique 1.2
I get you now :lolup:

Iv'e just ordered some PLCC2 LEDs, I will be talking some comparison pictures too.
​All to come...

Clio Authentique 1.2
Yes, the 0603's are really small!
I'd say about half the length of the PLCC-2 LEDs I removed, there where no 0603's there to remove.
Unless the warning lights to the side are 0603's.. I didn't even look at them.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
No just a soldering iron and a steady hand. Its easy to do, the hardest part is taking that b*****d dash out. The rest is a breeze. I have made a pictorial fpr everyone one here just needs wording and I'll put in in a pdf for everyone to view

Apparently you need a temperature controlled soldering station to do it.

I'd try, but I'm crap at soldering lol.

My soldering isn't great, very, very messy!

@Harbinger, that would be awesome, i'm sure it's not thaaaaaat hard, as I said I don't want to mess it up :( did you just use a regular soldering iron with a normal tip, I have a £10 iron but I don't know whether it is any good or not

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Mines an expensive one but ive had it for years, all you really need is to take your time with it, use flux also. It was cutting the smd strips that threw mw they just send out 10 in one strip and you have to slice them with a scalpel, very small fragile stuff. I'll try and get the pdf up soon and maybe admin can host it, pics are 5mb each so I'll be here all year resizing them.