ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the Tweeters???

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
I've read on the ozrenault forum that people have managed to change the dash tweeters without removing the dash. Has anybody here managed it cos when i removed the grill you would need hobbits hands to get it out. Any ideas?

you need to unscrew them with you hands. They are on tight though. I took the dash off because it was easier. Takes 10 mins.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I think you need to find a Hobbit then.

I don't think the tweeters and the grilles even line up exactly, they are offset slightly to direct the sound.
Take the dash out, its only 7 screws, easy job, then you can work without hindrance. ;)

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
I thought there were about 14 screws? Also renaults are bad another for creaks without me helping it.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I recently changed components to MB Quart - the best way is to remove the dash as tweeter connections were difficult to remove by way of the hole in the dash. I spliced the crossover into the front speaker wires and mounted under the glovebox, running new wires direct to the new tweeters. Woofers used existing Renault loom. Fiddly but not difficult job - locating the right speaker cables typical Renaut