ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Charging an iPhone at an event without sockets

Hi,

Best way of charging an iPhone without the use of sockets? I've seen solar powered versions, but are they really any good?

Sorry, I know you hate this, but Tom

J

Ebay, usb charger jobby

Just get a big battery, I've got a 10000mah one

Basically what Tom said! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12000mAh-...874?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27e58b20aa

Edit: Not sure how good that one is, just an example but have a look on ebay for usb battery charger etc

i've got one of these i take with me if i ever think i'm likely to run out of battery.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/powertraveller-powermonkey-discovery-charger-n05dc

Not the most exciting product but it does what it says on the tin.

Thanks all.

Tom, what brand did you buy?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
its worked perfectly since i purchased it.

it is big but i wanted a big one with lots of power for when i do festivals, i need 4-5 days of charging. its also solid and feels solid in ya hand

CLIO 182
Good thread as my girlfriend is going to v and could do with something like this.

chastity-belt.jpgid be more inclined to get her one of those never mind a charging source lmao

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Portable powerpacks are brilliant bits of kit. I find myself using mine more than I thought I would. Got myself a 22400mAh one from Amazon and it's done about 7 charges no worries and still has life left. Brilliant bit of kit. Charges just as fast as a wall charger too when in the quicker of the 2 USB ports.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing the battery packs themselves are also rechargeable?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Charging mine from usb takes around 24 hours, so I just got a mains adaptor that outputs 1.5amps and that's much quicker

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think im going to go with that one, seems to get good reviews and isnt mega money. Ordered :)

Last edited:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Think im going to go with that one, seems to get good reviews and isnt mega money. Ordered :)

Good work mate, you won't regret it...

People don't realise that theres no way of putting one of these badboys out if it catches fire...Its not like a normal fire, you have to let it burn out.

Same with the batteries found in electric cars.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
With these sorts of things it pays to get a known make etc.

exactly mate, the one you've bought is a beast, it'll charge your iPhone 4+ times no problem.

I wouldn't dare touch the 50,000mAh ones off eBay. Some things are too good to be true...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Would anyone recommend the morphie juice packs?

My Mrs's brother has one, he's finds his useful but at 1500mAh the battery is tiny.

Just buy the one I've linked above and save yourself £30.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking at the reviews of the one i've bought and the recommendation from Al, i'm sure it will do the job. and at £25 delivered im happy