ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chassis Dynamics Spring Kits

Clio 1.6 16V

Ordered a CAT back 2x3.5 Magnex system today at my local performance centre. Whilst I was in there I enquired about an Eibach Pro Kit. I was advised that this is a very good spring kit but a bit over-priced, probably due to being German manufacture / TUV approval etc. They recommended a Chassis Dynamic kit at 3/4 the price.

Has anybody had a Chassis Dynamis spring kit fitted to their 172? If so whats the outcome?

Cheers, Neil

Clio 1.6 16V

Hi ak_ak,

Yep, I think CD are from the AVO camp. How do they compare to the standard springs regards ride quality, roll, handling & height? Does the rear end still sit high provoking understeer? Any pictures of your car with these fitted. BTW I will be using the standard 16" alloys with Contis. What have you?

Sorry for the pile o questions m8, but keen to know more about these kits!;)

Cheers, Neil

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I have avos on mine, very good springs. Probably use them on my next car.

They did a spring test some time ago on a 205 gti and the AVOs (Chassis Dynamis) came out tops.

Clio 1.6 16V

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments. Sounds like the CD springs are well worth considering and a bit easier on the pocket. If they are also finished in black I probably wont declare them to Mr Insurance either! would be nice to see a picture of your cars though to check out the ride height. An takers?

Cheers, Neil

Neil: Check out the gallery - Im sure my car is in there, maybe even first page. The drop in height is true to the original proportions, ie, slightly lower at the back. Running on the original 16s with Toyos, They reduce body roll, are firm but fair - JJ172 reckoned they were progressive - and seem to allow more assured flat out speeds, if you so choose. I have run them happily for over 12k.

Arjun

My only reservations on the AVOs are that they are too hard for the std 172 dampers, which struggle over bumpy surfaces, and cause the car to become very bouncy. Jamie on here had problems with the ride height on 17s too, although ak_uks on std 16s is fine.

I bit the bullet and got a s/h set of Eibachs and, although they dont lower the car much, they are very well suited to the 172 chassis. They actually -improve- ride comfort, get rid of the bouncy, skittish nature of the std 172, and reduce roll. Proof of the pudding will be this Saturday on a track day at Bedford Autodrome.

Depends what you want to lower the car for really as to which springs you should choose.

Clio 1.6 16V

Hi Arjun, Had a look at your car in the gallery ....just what the doctor ordered! Just the right amount of drop in height, just enough to close the gap between tyre and arch. Cheers for that;)

JJ172, thanks also. I will be running standard 16" alloys with Contis (only done 3K on the originals so far). From what you say I should be ok, probably ok due the the softer compliance of the 45 profiles. BTW, my aim is to lower the ride height to improve handling and not just for show. If it is a bit "bouncy" I may have to consider some Konis etc. later on.

Thanks to everyone else for their comments.

Anyway, Ive been a real bad boy and decided to get the CDs fitted at the same time as my Magnex .....TOMMORROW!!! ....Weeyy Heeyy! Ive taken pictures of the car today so all being well I will be able to provide the after shots later this weekend! For Gods sake PLEASE dont tell my wife, Ill get crucified! Shes already suspicious when I told her that it will take 3 to 4 hours to fit the new exhaust (she knows about that bit)! :oops:

Neil