ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Free View options for the Bedroom

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I used to have a full Virgin set up in the bedroom. Tivo HD Box with all the channels, but when I moved to Sky, I decided I didnt need the extra box as it never got used.

At the moment, I have a HD Samsung TV (with no freeview built in) and an Xbox One (dunno if that can be incorporated into it any how?). As it stands I dont have an aerial socket in my room so have no TV as such. At the moment Im sticking on a Blu Ray/dvd before we drop off, but Id like at least some channels.

What are the options bearing in mind I dont have an aerial socket in the bedroom? Can I get a sorta HD Freeview box? Can I link anything up through my Xbox?

Thanks

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Can you not use the sky app on the xbox? I'm not sure if the one has it but i know 360 does.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
If i phoned Sky, and asked for "multi room" its only like an extra Tenner a month isnt it? Would they just plug it into my XBONE? what would I use for a controller?

Thanks

If i phoned Sky, and asked for "multi room" its only like an extra Tenner a month isnt it? Would they just plug it into my XBONE? what would I use for a controller?

Thanks

Why would they plug into the xbox one? They'd plug it in like a normal
Box and you would use they sky remote as a remote and your xbox one controller as the controller :s

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I was wondering this too, as we have the same issue. I was hoping to find something that was Ethernet based, but couldn't find anything.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Its not too expensive getting an aerial put in tbh. Think I only paid £35 when they did my bedroom around 6 months.

Its best to get a one man band in to do it and not go through sky/ virgin etc.