ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap laptop wanted - advice needed

Track 172cup
I'm looking to get a second hand/redurbed laptop, won't use it enough to justify getting a new one

it'll be used for downloading and transfering music (iTunes), burning DVDs, Internet and for using with my rs tuner

never had a laptop before and I'm not up 2 date at all with all the specs and what to look out for so any advice about what I should aim to get as a minimum and what makes to look out for/avoid would be much appreciated

Cheers
Calum

Ibiza Cupra
haha came over for a look, and thought id look for yours but you must be keeping it all to yourself :dapprove:

Track 172cup
Haha I've just not got round to takin any pics of it yet mate, will do on sat tho, shud hav sum spare time and it needs a good detail

now get findin me a cheap laptop biatch lol ;)

actually don't, I can't afford one the now, other things I need to sort out first lol

Ibiza Cupra
or that old chestnut ;)

Have you looked on ebay theres loads, these scottish people need everything handing to them on a plate :rasp:

Get some pics up on my site mate :D

Track 172cup
Cheers ben

rather than just get a cheap one to tide me over I'm just goin to save up a bit and get a decent 1 in a few months

yeh I'll get a thread and sum pics up on street limits at the weekend bud, haha I'll remember that nxt time u need 2 crash at mine then will I lol ;)

ITB'd MK1
ebay is good. I got a refurbed dell from there that lasted me 4 years.

A brand new Dell is only £369 now, and with a very good spec

Polo + Micra
i bought my laptop from bigpockets

there is a few on there that look a not bad price

Track 172cup
Yeh I've been keeping an eye out on eBay but there far too many for sale it's a bit or a nightmare for someone that doesn't know a great deal about them (the only things i've been looking for is processor, hard drive size and ram, that's about as far as my knowledge goes)

as you said the dells are a cracking price for the spec so I'll prob hold out and get one if them, unless I can find a good spec refurbed one for cheap