ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap low miles, sorted R26

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Haha, ya dick! Just admit the Meg is gash...
Its decent mate! Not as thrashable as a clio or civic but a good laugh. Can drive it like the 330 if needed (altho the Clutch is a lot stiffer and it rattles a lot more) and if i want to blow off the cobwebs I can spank it down some b roads!

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Clio 182 LY
I wished I had bought an R26 when I had my Inferno 225... There are only a few noticeable differences, but they make a big difference. As Danith says though, there are loads being broken currently as they are simply worth more in spares than as a whole car. But this in turn will push prices up of those left.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
On the flip side the 225s are absolute bargains too as a base. The recaros in the R26 are w**k anyway for track

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 220 Trophy
On the flip side the 225s are absolute bargains too as a base. The recaros in the R26 are w**k anyway for track
Yep they're awful. Same seats as the civic anniversary/premier? I was getting very frustrated on the last trackday in my mates civic

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yep they're awful. Same seats as the civic anniversary/premier? I was getting very frustrated on the last trackday in my mates civic
Not sure you know I think the ones in the hondas are a lot better? Even tho they're still recaro trendlines, just a 'french' edition, same as the trophy clios etc ha. Ones in the atr were great.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Megane 230 r26
This depresses me, was in the market for an r26 a while back but they were sky high so thought I'd put it off again, now there is loads of clean ones about like this for 5k-ish [emoji36] guaranteed as soon as the itch gets me again the price will shoot up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This depresses me, was in the market for an r26 a while back but they were sky high so thought I'd put it off again, now there is loads of clean ones about like this for 5k-ish [emoji36] guaranteed as soon as the itch gets me again the price will shoot up

Need some to get written off or broken for parts! Mine stands me at 7500 and only had it since sept! Ha. Thats cars for you

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Megane 230 r26
Need some to get written off or broken for parts! Mine stands me at 7500 and only had it since sept! Ha. Thats cars for you

All the ones I were looking at were around the 7k price and I refused to buy one with any issues, one had problems with the swivel hubs which apparently was just the (sports suspension) and the other one was about 50 shades of black, I will get one eventually Ive made the mistake a few times of test driving them and I bloody love how they drive

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
All the ones I were looking at were around the 7k price and I refused to buy one with any issues, one had problems with the swivel hubs which apparently was just the (sports suspension) and the other one was about 50 shades of black, I will get one eventually Ive made the mistake a few times of test driving them and I bloody love how they drive

Swivel bearings now are an easy fix. 80 quid a side. Pretty much same running costs repair wise as the clios. Timing belt is probably cheaper as there's no dephaser. Maybe tyres cost a bit more and they use a bit more fuel.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
In fact the bearings can be regreased so might not need replacing. Got the modified grease bolts on mine now so they can be maintained rather than replaced through drying out

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Megane 230 r26
Nice to know mate will keep that in mind [emoji106]