ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap solution for anyone wanting to change gearbox oil on their 182....

Clio 182
Changed the gearbox oil on my 182 yesterday and was pretty chuffed with my home made bodge to fill it, so thought I'd share.

Using one of these cheapo hand pumps from ebay (pretty useless as a pump tbh), cut the flexible end down into the filling hole.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable...893872?hash=item1a68f2d2f0:g:QWEAAOSwrQ5cCgvI

Then slotted a funnel into the tube I'd cut and voila, filled very easily. Job done!

The solid bit on the end slots right into the gearbox nicely too, so doesn't fall out. Pics below.

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5426.JPG
IMG_5424.JPG

Clio 182
I meant:

Cut the flexible part of the pump off and fed down into gearbox filling hole... typed it a bit quick!

Clio 182
Just used what I already had, no expense necessary :LOL:

More worryingly were the metal fragments in the oil pan :(

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just used what I already had, no expense necessary :LOL:

More worryingly were the metal fragments in the oil pan :(

Chances are they're not magnetic which means they weren't picked up by the magnet inside the box.

It also means it's likely to be synchros in that case because they're brass.

Clio 182
Chances are they're not magnetic which means they weren't picked up by the magnet inside the box.

It also means it's likely to be synchros in that case because they're brass.

Yeh, 3rd gear pretty shagged to be honest.

Was hoping changing the oil may make a difference lol.