ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Track Clio

Hello all im back again !

Finally, two years ago I sold my darling Titanium 182 ,

1C8ABC81-DB96-4653-AA3B-FF8D5C133793_zpsxvbzmgxr.jpg

I believe it's still knocking about on here with a few different mods now !

Well I sold the old girl and replaced her with a Deep Black Lux Edition Megane R26

0AFB6536-C1E9-4939-B524-DC841A276C4F_zpsgioabvvn.jpg

63B4024F-A428-4C0D-867A-D610AA0586EC_zpsc4mp55x3.jpg

I decided last month it's about time I had a track car , after a few chats with friends , I managed to find one quicker than I though, after a few quick conversations with the owner and photos sent , a price was agreed and he even offered to drive it down , as the megane was in a million bits with a new clutch flywheel and gearbox rebuilt

I won't say how much I paid but I will say it was a VERY good deal !

Here she is

329BF6BB-FC13-4047-B8AC-149AB3E86B2A_zpsb5wmjhzm.jpg

8E4042AC-A5A6-43F5-A87B-05B07A0C8F8D_zpslviggsng.jpg

As most of you know , it's a Full fat Black gold 182

It had no mot when it landed but I took it work on the Saturday and did some repairs all relatively cheap repairs in the end , and it now has 12 months MOT

Car already has a full scorpion Stainless , and decat

Also has a OMP steering wheel

My plans are to tidy it up , as it needs a bloody good clean , the numberplate lamp is temperamental so a new ones on its way, with a LED bulb

The rear wheel bearings aren't great, advised on MOT , and it looks like it's had new rear discs and pads recently and the bearings look cheap shite , so ive ordered a set and will get them swapped over very soon !

It has some cheap shite horrible halfords special air filter on , so that will have to come off , I had a V6 box on the Old one so I'll hunt one down

And it's rattly, dephaser noise, it's apparently had one about 40K ago, and a belt , but I'll be throwing a belt and Dephaser on it !

Will try to keep this updated , ATM it's hard on funds playing with the Clio and Megane, but hopefully it'll come along nicely !

Skoda Fabia VRS
How someone can justify tracking a BG, blasphemy! :grin:

Looks like a good base you've got there, appears quite clean as well. Will you be sticking with the 16's or dropping down to the cheaper 15" rubber option?
Love the R26 as well.

Clio 200 Raider
Nice mate glad you got another one there so much fun. Im in same boat as you with megane and clio funds getting squeezed especially this time of year.

I too thought about the v6 airbox is was a very good mod on the silver 182.

How do you feel about the decat? I found it better with the cat back on with the clios

Looking forward to your updates as usual

How someone can justify tracking a BG, blasphemy! :grin:

Looks like a good base you've got there, appears quite clean as well. Will you be sticking with the 16's or dropping down to the cheaper 15" rubber option?
Love the R26 as well.

Not entirely sure if to drop to 15s I may do if the right wheels come up !

It's a very tidy car to be fair , it'll make a good motor hopefully , only reason I can justify it , is because the megane is so nice haha

Nice mate glad you got another one there so much fun. Im in same boat as you with megane and clio funds getting squeezed especially this time of year.

I too thought about the v6 airbox is was a very good mod on the silver 182.

How do you feel about the decat? I found it better with the cat back on with the clios

Looking forward to your updates as usual

Not had a lot of time to drive the Clio ATM as I need to insure it and tax it now ! Decat makes it really loud I know that haha

Looking forward to making it a tidy car and having some fun in it haha lol

Well I've made a start on the Clio !

It's had a new replacement rear numberplate Lamp and LED bulb and it was a little temperamental !

Gave it a real good once over and noticed a few things I wanted to sort on it , the inlet and fuel rail guard have been painted yellow at some point, then half attempted to be put back to silver lol so I'll rip that apart and clean it up and paint haha

I've replaced the rear wheel bearings , found that there's no washers behind the rear discs, how it wasn't noticed is beyond me , but I ordered them off Renault, threw them on and replaced the rear bearings , cleaned up the discs and pads and rebuilt them all, loads better !

Noticed there's slight play in the NSF ball joint, so that's been replaced aswell

The rear shockers had a light misting of oil on the offside , so a chat with a mate had a brand new set of cup shockers on there way and fitted , feels much better !

Got a few things coming as well , bought a cheap heater panel because the LEDs are missing on bits of this one, and some other bits :)

Been putting a few miles on it see how it's going and up to yet very happy with it, see what else comes along :)

More additions ! Done some miles in it , really liking the car , it's a little loud but it's getter there !

Replaced the NSF hub now as well , it had a bit of roughness in the bearing which quite quickly turned into a lot of roughness , but that's all sorted now

Really enjoying the car , going get it Cambelt water pump and aux kit done soon along with the dephaser , hopefully next month all being well !

Other than that it just needs tracking and some decent tyres , air filter and I'll be happy with it :)

Climate panel has now been swapped so I can actually see what temp I've set it too haha , and some track days will booked then

Luckily have noticed , I thought it was low , so a bit of a check has revealed a set of eibach proline springs