ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest Exhaust!

Wheres the cheapest place to buy an exhaust backbox from for my 1.4?

Im not paying k-tec prices basically because i cant afford to but do want an exhaust.

The cheapest possible that will fit? Any ideas people?

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Off the shelf tailored stainless back boxs are gonna cost you over a tonne.

Universal ones are cheaper but they take some work to fit that will end up working out more expensive.

Try looking for mild steel ones instead, theyre normally cheaper.

Dont one of the cheaper manufacturers such as Peco do one for the 1.4?

Might be worth having a look, alternatively if you just have a look through the Demon Tweeks catalogue or something youll probably find something.

i want one for the mk1! that magnex is sweet. i would have paid more for it anyway. £99 aint too bad, wil cost a bit to get it fixed, but it will look well smart!:D

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Universal ones will need additional pipework cut and bent to match, you will also probably need to weld on the brackets from the original backbox to mount it.

Theres also the scenario where the box could be too big to fit nicely under cause later problems with scraping etc etc.

I would stay well clear personally unless your willing to throw money at it. But thats what you said you wouldnt be doing!

Mild steel is your best bet mate!

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 13 May 2004

Universal ones will need additional pipework cut and bent to match, you will also probably need to weld on the brackets from the original backbox to mount it.

Theres also the scenario where the box could be too big to fit nicely under cause later problems with scraping etc etc.

I would stay well clear personally unless your willing to throw money at it. But thats what you said you wouldnt be doing!

Mild steel is your best bet mate!

Nice one for the advice mate, was thinking of going universal but i think ill stay well clear now.

I got quoted £149 for a stainless steel backbox with a 3" outwardly rolled tailpipe, fitted with a lifetime guarantee from Pro Speed in cardiff. I think thats pretty good.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Have MK2s got the spare wheel underneith the car like the MK1s?

If so thats why you will struggle with that tailpipe design.

I wanted twin pipes on mine but the wheel stops it.

I GOT ONE!

FULL MAGNEX SYSTEM WITH OVAL TAIL PIPE, HOW MUCH FOR???!!! CHEAP!

PUTTING IT ON TONIGHT.... DELIVERY WITHIN 24 HRS...

Theres a company near me called RSR who build custom exhausts to your spec, i.e. you choose tail pipe and all that kind of thing. They quoted about £150 for a custom made back box, if I was getting one Id go there and have one built to my own design.

They are based in Redhill, Surrey.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

ktec r very cheap for a full system, im having a powerflow one done tomorrow for £250 for back box only.

cheapest option is gonna be a tailpipe add on from halfords :cry:

from wehat ive seen (at least for the 1.6) its murder trying to find systems off the shelf, backboxes r even rarer.

I WANT A NICE BACK BOX WITH OVAL TAIL PIPE THAT IS QUIET I DONT WANT SUM HEAP OF sh*t NNOYING POPPIN THING!!!!

thats y i wanted magnex! some one help me!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

i want a system for my 2004 1.4 16v

im prepeared to pay £339 for one from longlife

i want the real thing!

(i only have £270ish now so got a bit to go :cry:)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

powerflow rent actually that expensive in the whole scheme of things ...

my mate bought a zaust (not powerflow) for £600 for his teg.

[Edited by David on 13 May 2004 at 4:25pm]

What you have to remember is that you get what you pay for, if you buy a crap cheap backbox, then teh quality will be crap, and it will rust through in a few years etc.

I would say that for a new one you are looking at just over the £100 mark. I paid £110 for my peco one including delivery.

If i was you i would get a second hand magnex or something.

Although in the next two or three months i will be selling my backbox, in fovour of a full SS k-tec system