ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest place for a set of 4 pots?

DMS

A thirsty 172
So... who does the best deals on 4 pot kits?
I'm not bothered about make as long as they're decent quality and come with braided lines for the front.
Also as much info on what disk / pad options are available would be useful and might help me make my final decision.

And before anyone starts with the "You don't need them" b****cks, can I just say that I'm buying a set and that's that. I don't need to justify it to anybody, and I don't want a thread full of people saying standards are fine etc etc etc.

Thanks x

ITB BG 182
How about doing it Flintstone style? less weight with a section cut out of ya floor pan.

On a seri arse not give RiceRocketUK on here a shout as he did me a deal that beat most other people.
Other than that speak to our friend Andy, im sure he would be able to set you up.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Are you tracking the car? Most people start off with Brembo discs, DS2000 pads and braided lines. I have this set up and it's ok, not tracked it though.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Are you tracking the car? Most people start off with Brembo discs, DS2000 pads and braided lines. I have this set up and it's ok, not tracked it though.

I know that setup is OK, that's what just about everyone else has got. Hence why I put the statement about standard calipers being fine :p

I will be taking it out on track at some point but I'd much rather spend my money getting the car how I want it first. I'm going to buy a set of 4 pots first because brakes are more important than suspension IMO. Then a decent set of coilovers, top mounts, strut braces and Whiteline ARB - then I'll start doing trackdays again.

Another reason for getting 4 pots is that they'll look schweet under the wheels I intend to fit.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
He's just been banned but someone like MatWills would have been good to ask. He has run the above set up and Wilwood 4pots. I'm sure some track people will be along to inform you.

320d
4 pots will be a good upgrade I think. You only have to compare the 197's braking to a 1*2's to see the benifit.

Albeit the comparison i've made is with my standard brakes that will need changing soon, but still.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
can't beat a big juicey set of 4 pots filling a set of wheels :)

MkV Golf R32
I have just gone from a 197 to a 182 and the one big difference is the brakes and I am running the usual HC discs and ds2500 pads.

I will look at 4 pots in the near future when my funds allow.

There are quite a few different kits to choose from, not just hispec obvously.
Mine are 2 piece, ie a bell and rotor instead of a one peice 'standard' type disc, this saves weight, but im not sure how much. It looks pretty cool as well. lol.

Clio 172 Cup
Did you get anywhere with looking for a set of 4 pots?

I have been looking myself at either Wilwood or Hi Spec 4 pots, a few other forums say that Hi Spec set ups can suffer with quality problems and poor fit of pads in the calipers.

Yozza and BigBrakes4U have a couple of package deals for calipers, braided hoses, discs and pads etc.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I was looking at the Wilwood set. I may well get some eventually, but for now I'm going to improve the standard brakes - uprated disks and pads, braided lines, some decent brake fluid and a caliper strip down, clean and rebuild.
Ideally, I'd like to drive a 1*2 with a set of 4 pots fitted so I've got something to compare with.

DMS

A thirsty 172
What size wheel would you need for 4 pots? Will they fit behind 2118's?

The Wilwood kits will fit behind most 15's yes, but you're always best off checking clearance before buying..
The Hi Spec and Brembo kits need at least 16 inch wheels AFAIK, and you should still check for clearance first just to be on the safe side.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Depends how big the discs are you get, and the offset and design of your wheels.

They're not needed though, so a waste of money.

TRUST ME

They are better!! I've had both and the stopping power is ALOT better!! Are they needed?? - No not really, very few people will reap the benefits of them...I rarely needed them on my 30mph to work run in the morning! But they looked tarty tho!

Pathfinder n 172cup
ive got a 200 and a 172 cup and what a differance in braking power 4 pots are the way to go and they look really sweet behind the wheels especially when your other half overtakes you and you can read the brembo writting . ps ive got a bit of a big brake fetish:cool:

They are better!! I've had both and the stopping power is ALOT better!! Are they needed?? - No not really, very few people will reap the benefits of them...I rarely needed them on my 30mph to work run in the morning! But they looked tarty tho!
Didnt say they wernt better, dont forget i run 4 pots ;)

DMS, you are more than welcome to have a go in mine if you are going trax?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Darren I've recently fitted Jam sports wilwood kit to mine and it's excellent mate, probably one of the best upgrades I've done.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Didnt say they wernt better, dont forget i run 4 pots ;)

DMS, you are more than welcome to have a go in mine if you are going trax?

Clio brakes arn't going to break the bank lets me honest. 400-600 is pennys in reality, a similar kit for BM/Merc etc. is nearly 5 times as much!!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I don't think the calipers in the Yozza kit are radially mounted the same as jamsports and ktecs. So that might be where the saving is, or his website might not be upto date