ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheapest place for a windscreen for a 172?

wheres cheapest for a windscreen for a 172? ive ended up with a crack in the bottom passenger side about 4" long, just rang insurance and found out i dont have glass cover (thought that was automatically included, but apparently its classed as an add on now!) so im going to have to fork out and buy one! just wondering wheres cheapest?

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
I need one aswell, I attempted removing one from a scrappy what a nightmare that is - I ended up cracking it and loosing my temper!

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I got mine through my insurance, paid £70 and had a brand new screen fitted, they didn't say anything as I bought the car with a cracked screen 2 days after insurance docs came through I claimed

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
ive tried removing them in the past, it seems almost impossible

Well i got the top and side free, but really struggled with the bottom edge y the scuttle and so just tried levering it forward and crack, probably didn't help it was so cold though - i should have probably invested in windscreen removal tool off ebay...live and learn i guess.

BMW 535d
Ring up a local windscreen company and ask for a quote. Can definately get a screen fitted for less than £200

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
ive tried auto glass, they want £505.84 !!!!

I laughed down the phone when they told me that mine was gonna cost £440!!! A local chap said he could supply and fit me one for £160+VAT.

Iceberg Clio 172
would autoglass be able to fit one with wiper and headlight sensors or is that a Renault jobby?

deffo add to your policy and then claim a bit later. As long as MOT isn't due anytime soon, I would do this.

Seat Ibiza
If you claim does it go against you? Like when you go to renew will it go against you as a claim of any sort?

Basically will it increase my premium next year? As mine has a chip in it!