ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapo nasty blue 'xenon look' bulbs

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
Car  Swift Sport
Some guy told me that the local discount warehouse sold cheap immitation silvervisions, he was right! Seen them working and they seem pretty good.

They also sell blue 'xenon look' headlight bulbs and was told that despite being nowhere near as good as the real thing they do look better than standard bulbs.

Anyone tried these?
 
I've found those cheap bulbs look good but don't perform as well as the std halogen bulbs.
 
Yes, they will never be the real thing, took me several sets of blue abd bluer ones to work this out!
 
they usually have a blue filter on the bulbs that takes away the yellowness. Or they are higher wattage which in my experience are just a waste of time as they always blow.

Better off with a HID kit or something for longevity, if you add up a couple sets of bulbs (that youl will need for them blowing out) youd be better off with the kit IMO.
 
Yeah, for three quid it's worth a go! They do white ones too!

Anyone know which ones I'd need? I'm guessing 182's and 197's are the same.

I think the choices were H4's H7's etc, can't remember lol.
 
they usually have a blue filter on the bulbs that takes away the yellowness. Or they are higher wattage which in my experience are just a waste of time as they always blow.

Better off with a HID kit or something for longevity, if you add up a couple sets of bulbs (that youl will need for them blowing out) youd be better off with the kit IMO.

I agree mate, but if the 3 quid ones blow I'll just go back to the standard bulbs... I just want to try some!
 
I was also told (may or may not be true) that the blue tinted ones are illegal? Never had a problem.

Ste, look in the guides section for bulb guides.
 
Back
Top