ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chip for 5 quid on e-bay

Has anyone seen the performance chip on e-bay for 5 quid claiming to add 20 BHP. Whats this all about, has anyone bought one ? Am I missing something here !?!

cheers

Whats a resistor then ? It says its an ECU chip, guessed it may have been bolx, anyone actually contacted them ?

Lolololol, i jsut got mine through today which i bought from ebay.....

Its a bloody little resistor with two metal pins cumin out which u just connect to your IAT sensor plug on the intake manifold. Load of b****cks, just makes the car think it needs more fuel to the engine so it wastes fuel and doesnt do engine any good,

Im not fitting mine, if u want it send me a fiver [:D]

Josh

clio williams, Ph1 172

I bought a couple hehe. Cost me a fiver for 2. Dont even know where it fits. Just was interested what they both were. Are both pretty similar things. IAT timing tricker or somethin. Like ceramic or something. Are they actually bad for the engine then?

I bought 1 and fitted it too. (Stop laughing at the back ;) )

This is what it did:

Engine idled at 1100rpm instead of the usual 900rpm and got worse in traffic up to 1400rpm!

Apart from that it did sod all and came off a couple of days later. £5 for a resister which you could probably get for pence from Maplins etc.