ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipped windscreen, now cracked.......

1.8 rsi BLACK
I just took my rsi for sunday afternoon spin and bingo a stone hits the windscreen..... By the time i got home its cracked 6 inch "Gutted"

The car is only insured third party, so im going to have to pay cash to fix :(
Does anybody know if i will be able to buy second hand screen and get my local mechanic to fix, i.e is it possible ?? and how much am i lookin at forkin out..........

Big thanks in advance cos if anybody knows........ You do...

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Im not sure about using a second hand windscreen.

To get it off u will have to break the bodning seal, cud also damage it in removal process so a fitter probably wudnt want to put that screen in for you!

Looks like u will need a new one, try ringing round for quotes, you may get lucky.

Punto/Clio GTT
ive fitted a couple of screens before using sikaflex, although mostly we get a proper screen bloke in.

to get the screen out, as has says, you need to cut the bonding seal. best diy way is to get a piece of welding wire and try prise a gap so it pops through, with you n your friend, keep pullin it backwards n forwards til you cut all the way around the window.

when its out, clean all the excess stuff off the frame and clean it up, also make sure your new or 2nd hand window is clean aswell.

then you need some bonding stuff like sikaflex, put a nice even bead all around the frame, place the window onto it carefully, push it down so its flush with the a post, roof and scuttle, so it ligns up evenly, then tape it down to the frame with masking tape. leave it for a few hours to go off

Punto/Clio GTT
supply the screen yourself from a scrapyard and your lookin at 75 to fit? ring around, ask for quotes on supplying it yourself

1.8 rsi BLACK
Final_Maxim said:
supply the screen yourself from a scrapyard and your lookin at 75 to fit? ring around, ask for quotes on supplying it yourself
Cheers bud !!!!! atleast ive now got a rough figure in my head