ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New windscreen required see image

Clio182
Hello fellow members,

I hope you all are well and keeping safe.
So since lock down I haven’t really been using the 182 and I went out the other day and went for a drive. Right behind my rear view mirror I noticed a crack in my windscreen.
So I pulled over to asses the situation only to find out I have a crack approx 15 cm from the top of the screen down.
Only noticed it Because it started to show under the rear view mirror.

31B547BB-ADAF-4094-9693-706BEEEBA0C9.jpeg

so either a hater cracked it but (highly unlikely) or due to the heat wave maybe that caused it.
Or maybe a stone chip that I never noticed has turned into a full on crack.

just wanted to know who to go to for a replacement.
I have Hastings direct ( windscreen cover included on my policy)

I want a original blue tinted replacement done with new seals.
Any idea who I should use lads ???
To mention I want my wiper and headlight sensor to work and not damaged in the process.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Any of the big guys can supply what you want. You’ll have to pay extra for an OEM screen though.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Thanks for the response , when you say I have to pay extra why is that ?? Should I tell my insurance ??
Because the likes of autoglass don’t supply OEM glass if it’s a £75 (Or whatever your insurance excess is) windscreen Replacement. If you want genuine glass you’ll have to pay the difference in cost.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I've had the proper UV resistant tinted glass under my windscreen cover, it wasn't a Renault windscreen but it was still like for like and I was asked on the phone if it was.

I bought a new seal kit from Renault and just gave it to the guy fitting

Clio182
Because the likes of autoglass don’t supply OEM glass if it’s a £75 (Or whatever your insurance excess is) windscreen Replacement. If you want genuine glass you’ll have to pay the difference in cost.
I see, after doing some research some people have said that they have supplied the correct windscreen. I will call my insurance company and see what they say.

Clio182
I've had the proper UV resistant tinted glass under my windscreen cover, it wasn't a Renault windscreen but it was still like for like and I was asked on the phone if it was.

I bought a new seal kit from Renault and just gave it to the guy fitting
Hmmm, so they won’t replace the seal ??? And the screen isn’t from Renault??? Does anyone know how much a Renault screen is ???

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, so they won’t replace the seal ??? And the screen isn’t from Renault??? Does anyone know how much a Renault screen is ???
Possibly they would if required but my deal was in poor condition and I wanted a nice one that fitted perfect so went for a genuine one.

No, all windscreen companies just fit their own screens but they generally are identical except instead of Renault it says autoglass etc.

If the screens are still available from Renault I would assume hundred or pounds

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi

If you go through your insurance they will have an appointed repairer (usually autoglass but sometimes will use a local independent)
Whatever company replaces the windscreen will replace all the exterior seals, or if the seals are in reusable condition they will be reused however they usually break on removal. They will also replace the sensor gel under the rain sensor.
The glass in the clios is solar coated which can either be clear tinted or purple tinted, OEM glass is purple tinted all of the time as far as I know.
Unsure about OEM screen availabilities i will be asking Renault myself over the coming months for my phase 1.
There are around 5 or so different glass suppliers we use in the trade who all basically supply the same pattern glass, autoglass use one of those suppliers but don't have their own brand name on the glass, however they do own the brand who supplies their glass!
No difference between the pattern glass and Renault OEM other than the little Renault stamp in the corner you will end up with a fuyao or a pilkinkton etc stamp instead.
I asked about a purple solar coated screen the other week before I decided I wanted a genuine Renault one and they are in stock for us as an independent to buy.
Hope this helps