ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipping a Clio 16v

I was thinking of getting a chip for my clio, probably a unichip, i have read a bit about them and think they seem ok, and for 400quid for 11bhp increase it seems like a quite a good deal.

Is this a worthwhile mod, will it do my car any damage?

Any comments appreciated

worthwhile yes, its more about the increased driveability than the power gain. my 172 has had development work on, and altough power gains arent very high, the overal driveability makes me feel like the car is going 2x as fast!

get them to gaurantee the power increase tehn prove it when done, as capt says, then you can get it free is they dont delivcer what they promise, or they will do teh extra work to find that 11bhp....which will be hard

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

So if I got a HP chip what sort of bhp increase or difference would I be looking at. Have full exhaust, decat, air filter a power boost valve at the minute!

Cheers

dunno, if inc all those mods....maybe 10-15bhp MAX MAX MAX

but the driveability will be much improved!
and the PBV is nothing more than a fancy names fuel pressure regulator.

dunno, if inc all those mods....maybe 10-15bhp MAX MAX MAX

but the driveability will be much improved!
and the PBV is nothing more than a fancy names fuel pressure regulator.

i can answer that one as i have the same... bout 145-150 bhp ull have
mines 148 but depends how ya engines running etc...