ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris' Petrol Blue Project

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Was hoping to update the thread with videos and pictures from FCS today but with the pi$$ poor track organisation and lack of interest about the actual show i don't have squat ! TBH the highlight of the day was meeting Joe, ROB91. Both your cars are awesome.

The safety briefing took far to long as the marshal was trying to make 7 too many jokes, the organisation between marshals was poor, and to top it off my car leaked something so cut the session short an hour for me ! The prime candidates are Brake fluid or Power steering fluid. Not to fussed as it was a tiny tiny amount and stopped once the car was rested. The couple of times i did manage to get out on track the car preformed pretty well :) The brakes were fading towards the end of a 15 min stint and the tyre pressures were up but it held on well. Will need some new tyres for Llandow so in the mean time the other set of 182 alloys have gone on with there ditch finder fronts and miss matched rears on :eek:

Got home and with Le Mans round the corner i decided to swap the wheels on mine and give the Clio a once over for the old man to use while i take the 120k 530d with us. Also while the Clio was jacked up i realigned the exhaust.

14367454234_69fd4998ea_z.jpg

14366858492_a5251cfe19_z.jpg

14181728648_8a20ed1b67_z.jpg

14366848592_effe2b04e5_z.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Thanks mate, seen your car a few times at Combe now it's beyond mint. Do you know what bolt sizes you used for refreshing your engine bay ? Mainly the air box and slam panel ?
Thanks man! Drop me a PM mate to remind me and I will dig all my invoices out to find out for you mate.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Update time. Had a brilliant time in LeMans this year and again the old mans 220K 5 series preformed faultlessly. Sadly shes no longer bound for this earth, hes looking at getting rid for a Msport version. We had one set of the alloys refurbed this week and got them back today, no pictures at the moment but they will look lovely with some new BMW center caps.

Anyway on to the Petrol Blue. Got a whiteline ARB thanks to Ear's Motorsport last week before heading to LeMans. Had a half day at work so got home and got it fitted. Excuse the mismatched tyres that are on the wrong way.

14466935515_5dbc7f3d49_z.jpg

14280476127_7b7f48e19c_z.jpg

14280466537_3100f4b0da_z.jpg

14463552911_31387b9287_z.jpg

No plans for it in the foreseeable future. Want to get the original alloys refurbed and some new decent tyres put on them but that wont be happening till the end of the year !

Petrol Blue 182.
It's alright I guess..... Seen better. Looking foward to Origin now! You purchased your ticket?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Gave the car a good going over with the machine and then sealed it up. Just need to get a layer of wax on there now to make it sparkle.

14399097279_f59f8d8e3f_z.jpg

14399235477_e60c8a2266_z.jpg

Also got a Connects2 box installed in the car so i can use my iPhone, got a 3.5 jack mount in the cup holder well. Very OEM if i do say so myself. There will be a guide up soon :)

14572290044_7d4d81c641_z.jpg

14387234528_0313a9c21d_z.jpg

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Love it Chris...! Looking forward to the Connects2 guide ;)

Mind if I put your pics here on the Origine RS FB page?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Did they make dome more? Lol... I think Couzens is after your crown dude.. ;)

crown? If you mean cleanest PG / PB then I think I should be the judge of that before I pass it over. ;)

Although perhaps I shouldn't have sold it :(

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Haha... No, you shouldn't have sold it.. certainly not for a BMW :nono: Lol

Where is yours now, or is it the one now owned by Christopher?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Cheers John... Darren is the third of the PB 182's that are booked in to ORS. Would be good to see you!

Ahh so its Darren that has my old one, that's his name! Drivers side - Roof - rear corner. Weird paint **** up from the factory (Makes it worth twice as much IIRC ;) )

I'm in Derby for the week so provided I'm back I will be there! Can I pay the £20 on the door?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Ahh so its Darren that has my old one, that's his name! Drivers side - Roof - rear corner. Weird paint **** up from the factory (Makes it worth twice as much IIRC ;) )

I'm in Derby for the week so provided I'm back I will be there! Can I pay the £20 on the door?

I'm interested to hear all the story with your PB..

Unless you're showing a car, entry is just a tenner. There will be a few tickets available at the gate.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
^^ Cheers guys.

So got the new (non original) flap and got it to my mates for painting. Its a very very close match and looks absolutely fine on the car. It is a tiny tiny bit too gold/green in certain lights but you have to look at the right angle to see it. He's going to add a bit of blue to the mix and see if that dilutes the gold anymore and spray the original. All in all im happy with it. Now on the look out for a cheap if not free bonnet :)

The second picture looks worse than it really is. The flap doesn't sit square on the recess so it caught a funny light ;)

14705627583_9bdb9cdc0f_z.jpg

14682547601_4042d11dfe_z.jpg

14683354064_4b32ea3dce_z.jpg

14683351004_958fa8607a_z.jpg

14705611693_a25a45007f_z.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Hmmmmm :slap:

14570027579_969751c99c_z.jpg

Not how i planned to spend my Sunday !

We were out with a couple of members on a Sunday morning run. Completely my fault, we came up to a bridge with a bit more of a bump in it than i thought there was. Was going far to fast for the road, hit the bump and landed hard enough for the sump to blow a fairly decent size hole in it. Sump guard as you could imagine came off completely and ended up with the large hole draining all the oil. Im pretty confident i got it switched off in time and no further damage was done (fingers crossed) Having had a quick look the inside of the sump looks undamaged so i hope the metal didn't head north into the engine ! Everything under the car is covered in oil and a fair amount ended up on the rear of the car, also on the chap behind me. Stopped the car about 6-700 yards down the road where more oil poured out. Everyone in the group stopped and waited for the recovery truck to turn up.

Again thank you all for stopping :) Jake who was behind me says it looked very impressive. A foot of air i believe someone said !! To be honest if i was going any faster or had any thing other than standard suspension id be writing a different story !!!

After swapping trucks got it home and jacked up to inspect the damage. Gave it a clean to get the oil off and had a look underneath. From what i can see its looking like a new sump and associated bits, Front bumper respray and hopefully once we have had a camera in the block the internals are ok. Currently thinking of spending a bit of time and money on the car to get it minty mint i.e Bonnet respray as well, tidy the bay up and getting to a very very high standard. Got OrigineRS planned for August and also Llandow but thinking on time scale and budget alone there too close sadly. Not a massive problem to get the car running again but for the sake of a show and a trackday the car can wait. I dont use the it everyday so it can take its time.

14570036270_cbf8c8e6a0_z.jpg

14570047529_836638a6c4_z.jpg

14756376522_1dd241498c_z.jpg

Il report back once we have had good look over the car.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Oh bollox mate! That's a damn shame :( I'm glad you are ok though. I'm sure most of us have misjudged a bump / humpback bridge at some point whilst on a spirited drive! I look forward to the coming minty mint version... :)