ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris' Petrol Blue Project

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Paint wise it just needs some small bubbles of rust on the edges of the bonnet addressing. And the Laqure peel on the drivers rear.

I'd expect the price to be £5500

Theres no rush to sell it and will happily sit on the drive as it's no longer being used. Still needs to go to Rentech to sort out some very small MOT Advisory's.

Last edited:

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
The PB hasn't moved in well over a month now. As a result the oddesy battery has been having issues. It's been put on the ctec charger but seems to only last a week or so between. Have orderd up a replacement. With taking it out of its bracket iv been able to sort out some other little bits. As well as order a new filter.

20190922_092044.jpg

Have taken off the excess metal from the battery cage so the filter in no longer rubbing.
20190922_092654.jpg

20190922_095241.jpg

Cars off the road at the moment awaiting the paint work.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Can't wait to see the end result !

Would be worth taking the rear bumper off to see if there are any bubbles on the side edge the bumper joins to the quarter panel.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Both the rear bumper and side skirts were taken off when it was in with the dent man to check before they quoted for the job.

And also the rear interior.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
A good painter can match it no problem
^^ This. The guy who sprayed my E34 manage to match 30 year old red paint, you wouldn't know where he painted.

This does look smart now, looks a very good example of one. Like the simpleness of the engine bay, getting rid of the normal inlet makes a big difference!

The colours that go in to make Petrol Blue.
This is always fascinating, as working in a builder's merchant as a kid I mixed paint and the colours that went into it you wouldn't think would make the final colour.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just had our Tiguan back from the VW approved accident repair place, the bumper paint match is pretty iffy

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Its wild cherry so a metallic, we have matching mismatched bumpers on the drive now with my faded flamer bumper

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Just had our Tiguan back from the VW approved accident repair place, the bumper paint match is pretty iffy

At least you can live with yours, my mate bought a 240i from Sytner and there was several bad stone chips on the front bumper so they said they'd paint it as part the deal. He went to pick it up and they'd completely cocked it up, the car was a metallic red but the front bumper was a solid red lol. No metallic at all, he obviously rejected the car! Attempt 2 the color was a shocking match but luckily attempt 3 was spot on.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
After 5 Years and 10 Months in my ownership the Petrol Blue was sold last night :) Im happy its gone to someone on the Forum who will look after it as much as i have.

A massive thank you to everyone who has helped out with Parts and Advice over the years, if not for some i really would of chucked in the towel much earlier.

No Pictures of it driving away , Just a lot of Highlights :)

1573891935654.png

1573891953042.png

1573891986686.png

1573892017358.png

1573892047827.png

1573892091429.png

1573892118521.png

1573892144974.png

1573892183219.png

1573892209877.png

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Sure :)

First of hopefully many trips to Shell!
20191115_181336.jpg

Thanks again for your time and patience yesterday Chris, I will take care of this exceptional Petrol Blue with a rich, well documented history.

I'll try to get a thread up at some point, altough I won't have too much time until spring to do anything.

For now all I can say is, what a car! In looks and in the way it drives (even filled top to bottom with parts, wheels and seats;)).

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sure :)

First of hopefully many trips to Shell!
View attachment 1441090

Thanks again for the time and patience yesterday Chris, I will take care of this exceptional Petrol Blue with a rich, well documented history.

I'll try to get a thread up at some point, altough I won't have too much time until spring to do anything.

For now all I can say is, what a car! In looks and in the way it drives (even filled top to bottom with parts, wheels and seats;)).
Very nice. Are you local to Chris?