ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris' PH1 project

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
just seen this thread, looks so nice bud i really do like ph1s and the black wheels look good on it i think. havnt seen you around portsmouth area though

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
So cracked on with the Rear of the car today. Was all fairly straight forward, jacked the car up a bit further to make it a bit easier working under the car. Still hit my head a few times though :cry: Only took 3 hours to fit the H&R's and the ARB. Then refitted the Renault 19 alloys which I had the tyres swapped over yesterday and took it out for a quick run up the road and back to make sure nothing was going to fall off. Set them too high but not too bothered as I want to take it somewhere where they know how to set them up properly, Its got a nice bit of rake to it now though :)

Springs and dampers off
7385660662_6e410b722b_c.jpg

7385656160_3b7e06d155_c.jpg

H&R's on with the ARB in place
7385651388_ed295f5253_c.jpg

7385647558_b32ecb126c_c.jpg

7385644242_27e3c4ca00_c.jpg

Some afters

7385637148_a946f8acdb_c.jpg

7385633804_405fc2b6bc_c.jpg

7385625622_7bff93ccc1_c.jpg

Last edited:

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
So they don't ! just had to run out and see for myself :S Where do the two pipes run in to then ? To the gaps under the headlight ?

53 Clio's & counting
Yes mate, if it helps (if you are keeping the ph1 airbox) I found the best combination was one pipe left on and one pipe removed - good induction noise, and no loss in performance

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Got the fronts done today aswell as some of the brake parts :) CBA to do the braided lines and fluid as time was getting on and my mate getting message after message from his better half. First off went and grabbed his tools from his garage (had to make 2 trips). Had a bit of a problem getting the top nut off but then grabbed his buzz gun and they were off in seconds ! Couldn't figure out how the camber bolts worked so left them for when it gets setup. Got a bit trigger happy with the gun and destroyed the rubber surround on the top mount on the passenger so am on the look out for a decent set of them. Nose is at a decent hight with only a couple of scrapes on the road here and there. But the a**e has to come down a lot ! Only after shots im afraid.

7425922762_6bf2a4933a_c.jpg

7425918532_d4e7dd1967_c.jpg

7425914442_9cbb9576fb_c.jpg

7425910600_a5bcf14201_c.jpg

7425898536_e0d221a083_c.jpg

7425894538_a72194640d_c.jpg

7425889476_07a4e044d0_c.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers, don't know to be honest mate, ive been going so carefully because of the rear being so much higher than the front, not really pushed it. Certainly feels tighter at the rear. The only good thing about having the front so low the turn in is epic. But under braking it feels unstable.

As said going to try and get the back down today, then take it to either Mark Fish or Xsport in blazingstoke to get set-up properly.

Yea I live in Southbourne, just past Havant. So quite close to Fareham.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Lowered the front today then gave it a bit of a scrub :) Somehow I inadvertently have made it handle quite well :race:Am going to get the Pure Motorsport Solid top mounts and strut brace package this month.

7468319074_14bc39c4eb_c.jpg

7468314422_8cdc2db426_c.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
I was thinking more R888 Tim ! The P6000's can stay on the Vega alloys till they wear out then will get some PE2's for sure. But for the F1's i want something special. (Got to try and keep up with you at Llandow !)

Plates are staying, The 'Mini me and Kellie' bit at the bottom is too funny now.

No jacked it up Friday morning.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers mate really like your Ph1, given me so many ideas :)

Well the car is a bit sick at the moment, went out Sunday morning with it and it smelt very hot. Got it home to find the coolant a brown colour :S. Getting it booked in next week some when for my mate to have a look at it, Need it sorted before the Burpspeed trackday.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Been a slow couple of months for the PH1 :( Not got round to do any of the bits and pieces that are now mounting up. And with the Burpspeed trackday and also Castle Combe's action day just round the corner its time to pull my finger out! Starting with getting the OZ F1's painted, will be done by the end of the week. Fitting the braided lines and new fluid. The top mounts can wait for the winter, when all manner of things will be happening :)

Also got a Go pro HD hero 2 last week, got it strapped to the headrest at the moment but will have to get a more secure fixing as it vibrates a hell of a lot.
[video=vimeo;46977990]https://vimeo.com/46977990[/video]

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Nice progress mate, no doubt you'll have some awesome turn in there with that ammount of rake, not sure how stable the rear end will be though lol. Either wants the back dropping 20mm or the front raising 20mm IMO