ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris' PH1 project

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Sam come to Combe, you can see her in all its glory there :)

Levelled the ride hight out for now, but yea the turn in was something else before, the back end even kept in check.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Made some minor adjustments to the front end today with a satin black diamond and fog light surrounds. Just need some bonnet catches and it will start looking like a few other PH1's on the forum :p

Tune in tomorrow to see the newly painted F1's :) They went a very matt black aswell ;)

7817245102_818bfedc6c_c.jpg

7817237732_61b178eb82_c.jpg

7817230004_1097b6eff1_c.jpg

7817252644_9a2ca758b0_c.jpg

Anyone got any tips on how to remover that red circle ?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Finally collected the wheels :)

7832956452_ee46962dd7_c.jpg

7832950026_6dca92afdb_c.jpg

Very pleased with them :) Was a bit hesitant with the colour I chose when they were getting done but after seeing them in the metal I think they are awesome. Lost a centre cap tho in my garage somewhere :( painted the rest matt black and was going to paint the diamond silver but i might just leave them ?

The company I used were future coatings on the in Portsmouth. They charged £50 a wheel which IMO is very reasonable for a business. Finish is second to none with no imperfections.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Silver diamond would be a nice touch IMO. Looking forward to meeting you Chris, and seeing your very tidy ph1 at Combe/Llandow, it's a beauty!

Hi mate ive done a quick photoshop on that red circle, let me know if you want the original photo editing and i'll pm you my email so you can send it me, i dont mind doing it, nice car btw.

clio-lensflare.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Got the car already for Castle Combe today and also got some track sessions sorted for it :) Lowered the car and also put the new wheels on and gave it a clean.

Camber issues :S
7907191020_7d61e16b21_z.jpg

7907185250_86152654a4_c.jpg

7907180742_5bed6a22bc_c.jpg

7907175292_9c4c11ff3b_c.jpg

7907170640_1f309bdd9a_c.jpg

7907161096_852746d336_c.jpg

120d M Sport
I've just took some p6000s off mine that had worn just like that. With your steering straight ahead, does the car pull to the side?

Liking the wheels, wanna get mine done just like those but as someone else said, needs silver/chrome diamonds.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks much better on those wheels Chris :)

Is that the outside edge of the nsf tyre? You've probably been going round roundabouts too fast ;)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Had an excellent time at Castle Combe's Forge action day, Car was brilliant in both sessions.

So Thursday night I was checking the car over for Combe, checked all fluids gave it a quick clean then just as i was about to close the bonnet i noticed one of the top mounts was looking a bit loose ! By loose I mean I was able to undo it by hand on the last turn of the threads ! Quick call to my mate (he was the one who destroyed it with the buzz gun) and he came round and tightened it up best he could but it was still loose. So Friday he popped down the scrappers grabbed one off another Clio and fitted it for me :)

Was on at 10:00 and 11:30, took Fletch out for the first session, TBH my lines were terrible. Came in to quarry far to early on every lap pretty much, took the esses quite carefully the first 2 laps but then started to take a lot more kerb later on. The only frustrating part for me is bobbies. I can never decide to be in 2nd or 3rd ? Im sure if I took it more smoothly id manage it in 3rd but as you can see im struggling on the exit. After the last time I was at Combe I found camp to be a bit daunting but this time round I loved it. Probably one of me favourite corners now :)

For the 11:30 slot I took out Paul (with the ill fitting helmet !) Took quarry a bit better this time round, but had the same problem with bobbies. Was a better session I felt up to the point I caught up with a Megane R26R ! He just wouldn't let me pass him anywhere. Obviously had the advantage in the straights over me but in the corners he was all over the place. Thought he was coming off at Camp when the golf took both of us. I understand he had probably not done Castle Combe before and didn't want to get overtaken by a Clio but I feel he should have moved over just too let me pass.

All in all a great day out, looking forward to llandow with Burpspeed at the end of the month :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks good Chris, I am about to buy myself a ph2 172... Getting it for a bargin price :) Need to have a catch up with you guys!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
You were going well in second session. Bloody Megane drivers ;)

I tried 2nd and 3rd gear for Bobbies and decided taking it in the lower gear was better. I felt I needed to carry a bit more speed to make 3rd gear work. Your driving looked good only bits I'd say is you were turning in a bit early for Camp sometimes and getting a bit further left after the Esses might make the run through next corner better.

Oh and Will says it was you that wrote c**t in the dirt on my boot....

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Treated the Clio to a tow strap as the eye stuck out far too much.
7991088739_495296b3bc_c.jpg

So after the track session at Combe (where we got 14.7mpg) its gone the same way as so many other PH1's and the throttle has started to stick like mad. Tomorrow its off to Rentech to have a new cable and also some new fluid. When me and my mate changed the pads and disks we inadvertently lost some fluid from rewinding the callipers. And on the drive home from Combe I could feel I was having to push the pedal down a bit further than usual.

Will more than likely also be booking a Goodwood trackday soon :)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Went to llandow for the Burpspeed trackday and had a excellent time :) Was raining alot on the day but the AD08's held up impressively. Have now booked the Goodwood trackday in November, hopefully it will hold up as its started to make a few noises :S Not had a proper chance to see what it could be mind.

Pete was in the car with me. As you can see I was taking far too much curb on the last chicane.

Aslo fitted the Aerocatches this week.
8035762413_3fe6d9bdb9_z.jpg

Made a fitting guide for them aswell http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?663152-Fitting-Aerocatches&p=9018109#post9018109

Last edited by a moderator: