ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris's Ultra red 197

Hello ....

Well after the long and lonely road of just having a van , i decided that now was the time i need a car in my life again , having had an iceberg 172 cup and a normal 172 i didn't want to be back in another . So after viewing a few 197's & 200's, some being well over priced and some in poor condition i found a 197 r27 in ultra red, nearly on my doorstep i couldn't believe it after a weekend of going all over. Now the cars not new so inevitability there have been and are some issues.

Unfortunately the car was holding back 'say' above 4500-5000rpm so firstly checked the plugs and as expected really they where completely knackered, number 3&4 at least , replaced them and now its as it should be and puts a smile on my face everytime its driven spiritedly.

The only other thing i couldn't decide on was the stickers , now when i first got it i loved them but the more i saw some without them the more they bugged me. So there all gone the roof still needs a good cut but i'm happy with it (for now). I also don't feel bad , i know they where black and copies, the originals where grey and expensive.

There was also a renault sport sticker placed on the front bumper over the black , which i've since found out is to hide the laquer peel on the bumper :rage:. So now that's on the list to sort.

I've had it on a ramp and found its on H&R springs and has Hel braided lines which is good.

Future plans are to enjoy it , change the breaks/tyres and just generally tidy it up and have the alloys done another colour. (oh and a steering wheel re trim)

Thanks for reading Chris

rXh4r7q.jpg

5HPdp3C.jpg

0FYoffy.jpg

Looks like yours is in miles better condition than mine.

I'm toying with the idea of removing the stickers (apart from the roof), I just dont have the balls. Some days I like them and some days I don't... Just afraid the paintwork underneath will show up and make the rest of the car look nasty. Spent close to 1k on it so far doing bits, hope you have better luck than me! :smiley:

Love the front splitter, too. Thinking about getting one for mine but they seem a little pricey.

Looks nice, I'm a man city fan so couldn't have red, but it is stunning! Went with albi blue instead. :)

Looks like yours is in miles better condition than mine.

I'm toying with the idea of removing the stickers (apart from the roof), I just dont have the balls. Some days I like them and some days I don't... Just afraid the paintwork underneath will show up and make the rest of the car look nasty. Spent close to 1k on it so far doing bits, hope you have better luck than me! :smiley:

Love the front splitter, too. Thinking about getting one for mine but they seem a little pricey.

Looks nice, I'm a man city fan so couldn't have red, but it is stunning! Went with albi blue instead. :)

In the flesh it's not as nice as in the photos haha ..

Yea mine are all off now but the roof definitely needs cutting and polishing etc ..

Do like the blue I'll have a butchers !

I'm just torn on what wheel colour to go ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good. I know what you mean about overpriced and really bad condition. Took me an age to find mine and it was actually the cheapest of the lot I looked at!