ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chrome finishing...?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Does anyone know any places... preferably in central Scotland somewhere... that does chrome finishing of alloy wheels to a high standard?

I want to get my Mk2 172 wheels chromed. Is this even possible?

Thanks.

Mk1 16v
to be fair dutty's are completely different wheels.

depends what kind of look you want? personally if the cars black it could look alright if it was slammed and smoothed! otherwise a no no!

well yeah the general plan is to chrome up the wheels and slam it... so yesh. lol. i love chrome!

i have had a couple of bad experiences in the past when buying new larger wheels and this has led me to the decision to keep the standard wheels this time and just chrome them... i think the 16" 5 spokes will look quite good in chrome... lol

oh and on the slamming... what is the lowest i could really opt for on 16s? i dont want anything to rub or that.

B

Its black... i have always had a thing for black and chrome. last time bought 17" chrome BSA multi spokes for my fiesta (dont laugh!) and the chrome paint was flaking off within two months.

i've actually managed to find somewhere local that does metal polishing where they take a drill bit to your wheel n shine 'er up

Racing Blue 182
I useto have chrome wheels on my old black clio, i liked them but no one on here did

Jamie003ph.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

Jamie004gjg.jpg

Cool... if i get my wheels chromed i dunno how the hell im gonna mange the center caps... cant get them machined as they arent metal and spraying them will probably look guff. lol

E60 diesel powah
Burnibus_172 said:
Cool... if i get my wheels chromed i dunno how the hell im gonna mange the center caps... cant get them machined as they arent metal and spraying them will probably look guff. lol

the 172 wheels have been sprayed with aerosol cans..

they are the results:)

ah but the place im going to get my wheels done don't paint or dip them. they polish the metal with a drill bit... so they wouldn't be able to do that with the centre caps...

as in get the wheels sprayed..? if you get them sprayed chrome will it last..? people i have spoken to before have said the paint may flake off?

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Don't see why it would if done properly and you don't kerb it.

I don't know too much, ask Fred.

dutty_112 said:
the 172 wheels have been sprayed with aerosol cans..

they are the results:)

Indeed, which looks good. but if i got my wheels chromed by machining them i doubt spraying the caps would be as shiny as they wheels. Looks like its gonng be powdercoating or spraying...

B