ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cio ph2 1998 Heater / Demister unit bulbs

Clio Mk2
Evening All,

I am new to the forum and a new Clio owner! I just got a second hand Clio Grande 1998 and it's a nice little car. There are however some problems.

The lights on the heater / fan panel don't work. The light which lights the demister led up once the button is pressed works, but non of the 3 dials light up in the dark (when the lights are on). All the dash lights up perfectly.

Looking at the manual and the fuse box, there does not seem to be an obvious fuse blown so I presume that it's the bulbs in the heater unit which have gone.

How many bulbs or LED's are in the unit? Where abouts are they and how do you go about changing them??

I have taken the knobs out but can't see any obvious bulbs or LED's behind them. However I have noticed the orange light pipes which are embeded in the back of the knobs.

I presume to take the heater unit out, you remove the two torx bits at the bottom of the centre console, and then try and unhook the top clips which connect to the inside of the centre console somewhere?? Can you do this by putting your hand up under the centre console near the gear lever centre console?? Or, do you take the stereo out and then unclip the heater unit from the top??

Once it's unclipped, how does it come out??? It looks pretty tight in there!!!

Any help would be great as it's pretty dangerous in the night trying to find which vent does what and what it's currently set too.

Thanks very much

Pete

Clio Mk2
985b_12.jpg

this is what i want to get out and work out where the bulbs are

I know this is kind of old now, but for people wanting to know. You have to take the center console out. Theirs two torx screws to the back of the console and one under the cigarette pot near the diagnostics port. Remove the console and then theirs the two torx screws for that panel and it should lift up and then down. The bulbs are in little black bulb holders on the rear of the panel.